For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
5 years. FIVE YEARS. No matter how I write it it still looks insane!
5 years ago I was super involved with a Goodreads group that I created in 2008 and I decided that I wanted to start a blog but didn't think I read enough to support a whole blog on my own. So I put the idea out there and some of my FAVORITE members from the group responded and we started putting it together and debuted the blog 5 years ago (yesterday really). I loved it SO much that I started my own blog the very next day.
I haven't been AS active on this blog as my own these past 5 years but Top Ten Tuesday has still remained my baby all these years. When I came up with the idea I didn't think anybody would want to play but OH MY GOD YOU ALL ARE AMAZING. Thanks to ANYBODY who used to do TTT, still does or even reads the posts but doesn't participate. Thank YOU for the support and for making Top Ten Tuesday the weekly fun that it is. TRULY I MEAN THAT. I know the topics aren't always easy or perfect but I'm giving my brain some kudos for coming up with topics for these past 5 years (yes we debuted Top Ten Tuesday our first week!).
SO THAT BEING SAID, here are my Top Ten TTT Topics From The Past 5 Years (RIDICULOUSLY HARD OKAY CONSIDERING WE DID ALL OF THEM)
1. Top Ten Seasonal TBRs -- I know this is cheating but I really love the seasonal TBRs 4 times a year. Even though I'm a mood reader, I like making a plan and I LOVE finding new books from people's TBRs.
2. Top Ten Inspiring Quotes From Books (Well, really ANY quote posts) -- I LOVE QUOTES. Also I have found anytime we do a quotes post I find new books to add because I love getting a little snippet of a book!
3. Top Ten Places Books Have Made You Want To Visit -- I looove good settings and it was so fun to think of all the places I've "traveled" via books and I LOVED reading YOUR posts because I definitely added some books based on their setting. I really loved the post for this I did on my own blog.
4. Bookish Pet Peeves -- RANTING IS FUN.
5. Underrated Books/Authors lists -- I LOVE when we get a chance to spotlight all those underrated authors and books. It's so nice to see so many books I may have not heard of.
6. All of the end of year & beginning of year topics (best books, new favorite authors, bookish resolutions, most anticipateds) -- cheating like a boss on this one but I seriously LOVE the end of the year and beginning of the year topics. Makes wrapping up and starting the new year easy.
7. Books I'd Give A Theme Song To: I love music JUST as much as I love books (depending on the day maybe even more) so this one was perfect for me which is why I decided to make it a topic hahah
8. Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist -- this was sooo fun to talk about all the kinds of books I'm just DYING to find 1) because my imagination ran wild 2) you guys gave suggestions for things I was pining for and 3) YOU GUYS ARE SO CREATIVE. PLEASE WRITE ALL THOSE BOOKS.
9. Ten things on my bookish bucket list: this one was so fun to think of things I wanted to do related to books and general book nerdery! You guys made me realize there are some things I didn't even know NEEDED to be on my bucket list.
10. Top Ten Characters You Wish Would Get Their Own Books: This happens a lot to me when I read...I read a character who isn't the main character but I wonder SO much about their story and want a whole book about them. Had SO much fun with this topic!
Honorable mentions: Top Ten Characters I'd Want On A Deserted Island With Me, Characters Who Would Have Sat At Our Lunch Table, Favorite childhood books/childhood books I'd like to revisit posts (omg flipping out about childhood faves is THE BEST). Top Ten Bookish Problems We Have (hahah book people problems are so fun and the rest of the world doesn't appreciate), Characters We Wish We Could Check in With,
Some freebie topics I loved coming up with for my own blog during freebie weeks:
- Back in 2012 I did top ten things books have made me want to do after reading them!
- Top Ten Characters Who X: we got to pick anything and I picked characters who loved words!
- Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Not-So-Easy-To-Like Characters
What have been some of your favorites??