For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
It's about the halfway point so let's discuss the books that have been our favorites thus far! How has everyone's reading year been so far??
Julia's Picks1. Soulbound by Kristen Callihan -- I adore this series. It is one of my favorite paranormal series; every book is different and engaging. But why I loved this one was because I really enjoyed seeing the hero redeem himself after all the crap he pulled in previous books. I reviewed this one so you should check it out!
2. The Slow Regard of Silent Thing by Patrick Rothfuss -- This surprised me. I thought I would be bitter reading it, thinking about how much more I'd like it if it were book three, but it was a charming novella. It was extremely different to read but I couldn't help but fly through the pages. I didn't review this here, but you can read it over on my booklikes blog.
Daisy's Picks3. Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier -- This was the first book I finished in 2015 and it was AMAZING! So much fun and I loved the plot and all the characters (the sister bond is awesome) and basically just cannot wait for the next one! My review
4. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger - I know I'm LAAAAAATE to this party, but I read The DUFF in January and basically ALL THE FEELINGS! The romance and the friendship and just YES. And obviously I've since failed at reading Kody Keplinger's other books since then, but I will! My review
Jana's Picks5. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas -- I have not had a book hangover like the one I had after finishing this book since I finished Twilight. That was almost ten years ago! There are so many feels, the writing is beautiful, there were some steamy swoony times, there was SO MUCH ROMANCE, and I just loved all of it! Here's my review if you're interested!
6. The Devil You Know by Trish Doller -- I gobble up mysteries like a carb addict (ahem, me) gobbles up rolls on Thanksgiving. This one is SO GOOD! Definitely one of my favorite YA mysteries ever. Here's my review.
Jamie's PicksI would like to second Jana's pick of A Court of Thorns and Roses!
7. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta -- I've read Melina's contemporary books (some of my ALL TIME FAVE BOOKS EVER) but I was way late to the party on her fantasy trilogy. IT IS AMAZING AND JUST GOT BETTER AND BETTER WITH EVERY BOOK.
8. The Start of You & Me by Emery Lord -- I LOOOOVED Emery's debut novel and this one was JUST as amazing -- it's adorbs, has great friendships and just is all around AMAZING.
... Jamie and Jana took mine! *pout* But seriously, A Court of Thorns and Roses is AMAZING!
9. Rook by Sharon Cameron -- Oh my gosh this book! First, I ADORE the Scarlett Pimpernel. One of my all time favorite books/movies. Rook felt like a fantastic retelling that was also a love letter to the original story and the movie. Slow burn romance, wickedly smart characters, devious crimes, heroic deeds... What else can you ask for?
10. After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid -- This book totally made me cry. It's pretty rare to see books that focus on the "Happily Ever After". We meet the couple, watch them fall in love, and then the story ends... Usually. After I Do was a heartbreakingly honest story of marriage. The highs and the lows, and how scary those lows can be. (I'd only been married about 2 months when I read it too. haha!) Such a great read.
12. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness -- I'm so over vampires, demons, witches.. but the book almost ignores those identifiers. Of course people are what they are, but the story pulls you in and the usual clichés of these creatures just drop away.
... I might've been late to the party, so I snuck in and added my picks after ten were already picked! Shhh.. don't tell the other girls!
11. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon -- All the feels. All of them. This was one of those life changing books for me. No more words. I still haven't been able to write a review.
Tell us your favorite reads thus far!!