Please only sign up if you are truly interested and are committed to sending off a package. We have only had a few problems in the past 3 years but I'd like to not have to spend my time chasing people down -- seriously. It's a bummer for the person who doesn't get a package and a bummer for me to have to hunt you down for months after.
Things You Need To Do
1. Send an email BEFORE November 17th to TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com with the answers to the following questions:
- Full Name & Address
- Blog URL
- Would you be able to send internationally if needed? Please answer with Yes, No or Would prefer not to but will if needed (if you are outside of US and Canada just know I can't guarantee that you will get somewhere even remotely close to you. I try to work it geographically for you but there have been only 10-15 international participants each year).
- List 10 books you'd like to read or a link to a wishlist (please mix it up with older and new releases -- aka maybe things that aren't just available in hardcover right now). DO NOT ASK FOR ARCS please. If your SS wants to throw some in there because they saw it on your Goodreads or something that's fine but once we had someone ask for mostly ARCs.
- List of your bookish preferences (a few fave authors, your fave genres, things you WILL NOT READ)
- Please give a few things you like (to help with your goodie). See below for examples in the guidelines.
- Any questions, comments or additional things your Secret Santa should know.
2. When you receive your Secret Santa, go play Santa and buy your prezzies. Send it out no later than the week of December 6th-10th. The earlier the better as the mail is always slow during the holiday season.
3. After you send off your package, please email TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com letting us know you sent it off WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION (changing it this year, sorry!). Email us again when you receive your package. If you have not received your package by January 1st please then email us and I will attempt to contact your Secret Santa. Please understand I will try my damndest to work it out but there is only so much I can do in the event someone decides to be naughty. Karma is a biotch though..maybe they'll get their toes run over by Santa's sleigh.
4. FOR EXTRA FUN: Thanks to Estelle from Rather Be Reading for this idea! We are going to use the hashtag #TBTBSanta for this event! We'd love to hear and see through pictures and tweets your entire process -- maybe a sneak peek of your Secret Santa skills in action (a picture of something you are sending, the wrapped picture, the box) and we'd LOVE to see your goodies as you get them!
* Books can be new or used. Use your discretion as far as used books go but please be kind and don't send something you wouldn't want to receive. They should be in VERY good condition -- like you can't even tell if it was read. Please pick at least one other goody to put in the package.
So your package should look something like this:
1 or 2 books + some sort of little goodie or two (candy, bookmarks, something bookish) & a card or note.
* Suggestions for things to add that could be helpful to tell your Secret Santa for the little gift: things like music you love, Harry Potter/Star Wars/etc. fan, collects keychains or something else, would love something native to where your Secret Santa lives, tea fanatic, loves stationary, loves chocolate, etc. etc. Also maybe if you have an e-reader and would be willing to get ebooks or a gift card. That way maybe they can find something related.
*We would love to again have this be open internationally and will make an effort to pair up people from the same countries to keep costs down. However, if anyone would like to do an international exchange, you can let us know. It was hard on some people who had to send internationally but using The Book Depository could be a good option. If you are from outside the US, be aware that you might have to send internationally due to the fact that there are significantly more US participants and we may not be able to pair you up with someone closer.
* Feel free to grab the button to put on your sidebar or make your own!
Please ask any questions in the comments!!