Hello everyone!!! Can you believe it?? SIXTH SECRET SANTA. We've had such a great time hosting this over the past 5 years and are SO ready for year 6 after last year which was a record year with 300+ participants.
Please only sign up if you are truly interested
and are committed to sending off a package (on time)
. No seriously, stop and think before you sign up. Can you commit to this? We have only had a few
problems in the past 5 years but I'd like to not have to spend my time
chasing people down -- seriously. It's a bummer for the person who
doesn't get a package and a bummer for me to have to hunt you down for
*Non-US/Can people who are wondering where they would have to ship to if nobody from their country signed up: so far we have people signed up from Singapore, Japan, Puerto Rico, the Netherlands, France, UK, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Australia. We have interest from the Phillipines.
Things You Need To Do
1. Send an email to TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com answering the following questions BEFORE November 13th with the answers to the following questions:
*BEFORE November 13th means 11:59pm EST on the
12th though if they slip in the wee hours of the morning while I'm
sleeping I'm okay but please don't yell at me when you are past the deadline any later when I'm pairing and I say no...I have extended it too many times in the past but with 300+ participants last year I have to shut it down sometime, sorry)
- Full Name & Address
- Blog URL (also any other social media accounts you might want to share to help your secret Santa out)
- List 10-15 books you'd like to read or a link to a wishlist (please mix
it up with older and new releases -- aka maybe things that aren't just
available in hardcover right now). DO NOT ASK FOR ARCS please. If your
SS wants to throw some in there because they saw it on your Goodreads or
something that's fine but once we had someone ask for mostly ARCs.
- List of your bookish preferences (a few fave authors, your fave
genres, things you WILL NOT READ, does not prefer used books, prefer hardback or paperback, if you are
okay with them not getting you something on your wishlist if they think
you will like it etc.)
- Please give a few things you like or things about yourself (to help with your goodie). See below for examples in the guidelines.
- Would you be able to send internationally if needed? Please answer
A. Yes, I would actually prefer to send and receive internationaly
B. No, I cannot.
C. Would prefer not to but will if needed
(if you are
outside of US and Canada just know I can't guarantee that you will get
somewhere even remotely close to you. I try to work it geographically
for you but it all depends on who signs up and where they are from. That said we typically have a decent number of signups from England and Australia).
- Have you participated in this Secret Santa before or is this your first time?
- Which closely resembles what kind of package you are wanting to
send out (I will be pairing people with similar answers):
a) 1 book and a small gift/candy
b) 1-2 books and a couple goodies
c) 2-3 books and goodies
- Any questions, comments or additional things your Secret Santa should know.
2. When you receive your Secret Santa, go play Santa and buy your
prezzies. Send it out no later than December 15th. The
earlier the better as the mail is always slow during the holiday season.
you send off your package, please email TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail
(dot) com letting us know you sent it off WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION/TRACKING
(changing it this year, sorry!).
Email us again when you receive your package. (Unless there are
questions, I will not be responding to these emails due to time but will
filing them away). If you have not received
your package by January 1st please then email us and I will attempt to
contact your Secret Santa
. Please understand I will try my damndest to
work it out but there is only so much I can do in the event someone
decides to be naughty. Karma is a biotch though..maybe they'll get their
toes run over by Santa's sleigh.
4. FOR EXTRA FUN
: We are going to use the hashtag #TBTBSanta again on Twitter & Instagram for this
event! We'd love to hear and see through pictures and tweets your entire
process -- maybe a sneak peek of your Secret Santa skills in action (a
picture of something you are sending, the wrapped picture, the box) and
we'd LOVE to see your goodies as you get them!
can be new or used. Use your discretion as far as used books go but
please be kind and don't send something you wouldn't want to receive.
They should be in VERY
good condition -- like you can't even tell if it was read.
* If you aren't sure what kinds of things to add for goodies peruse the #TBTBsanta thread to see pictures of packages from last year. Lots of good ideas that will probably help you!
* Suggestions for things to add that could be helpful to tell your Secret Santa for the little gift
music you love, if you celebrate Christmas, hobbies you
have, things you will not eat/are allergic to, smells or flavors you do not like, shows you watch/favorite movies, things you collect, any fandoms you are part of, would
love something native to where your Secret Santa lives, coffee/tea you like, favorite colors, foods you love, favorite animals, things you are obsessed with, etc. etc. Also maybe if you have an e-reader and would
be willing to get ebooks or a gift card. Just really anything relevant to your interests that could help
* If you are from outside the US or Canada, be aware that you might
have to send internationally due to the fact that there are
significantly more US participants and we may not be able to pair you up
with someone closer.
* Be sure to thank your Secret Santa when you receive your package via social media or reach out to me for their email!
* Feel free to grab the button to put on your sidebar or make your own!
Please ask any questions in the comments!!