Hello everyone! We are planning a Secret Santa exchange again --broke and bookish style. We did it for the past two years and it was a TON of fun and we got great feedback from everyone! We want this to be a low key and fun Secret Santa that doesn't put too much of a damper on your wallet.
Please only sign up if you are truly interested and are committed to sending off a package. We have only had a few problems in the past 2 years but I'd like to not have to spend my time chasing people down.
We are changing the process around a bit so it isn't so daunting on our end with copying and pasting out of the form and then emailing so please pay special attention to the directions.
Things You Need To Do
1. Send an email BEFORE November 17th to TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com with the answers to the following questions:
- Full Name & Address
- Blog URL
- Would you be able to send internationally if needed? Please answer with Yes, No or Would prefer not to but will if needed
- List 10 books you'd like to read or a link to a wishlist (please mix it up with older and new releases)
- List of your bookish preferences (a few fave authors, your fave genres, things you WILL NOT READ)
- Please give a few things you like (to help with your goodie). See below for examples in the guidelines.
- Any questions, comments or additional things your Secret Santa should know.
2. When you receive your Secret Santa, go play Santa and buy your prezzies. Send it out no later than the week of December 6th-10th. The earlier the better as the mail is always slow during the holiday season.
3. After you send off your package, please email TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com letting us know you sent it off and give any DC you may have. Email us again when you receive your package. If you have not received your package by December 27th please then email us.
* Books can be new or used. Use your discretion as far as used books go but please be kind and don't send something you wouldn't want to receive. They should be in pretty good condition. Please pick at least one other goody to put in the package.
So your package should look something like this:
1 or 2 books + some sort of little goodie or two (candy, bookmarks, something bookish) & a card or note.
* Suggestions for things to add that could be helpful to tell your Secret Santa for the little gift: things like music you love, Harry Potter fan, collects keychains, would love something native to where you live, tea fanatic, loves stationary, loves Star Wars, etc. etc. That way maybe they can find something related.
*We would love to again have this be open internationally and will make an effort to pair up people from the same countries to keep costs down. However, if anyone would like to do an international exchange, you can let us know. It was hard on some people who had to send internationally but using The Book Depository could be a good option. If you are from outside the US, be aware that you might have to send internationally due to the fact that there are significantly more US participants and we may not be able to pair you up with someone closer.
* If you can do delivery confirmation on your package, that would be greatly appreciated to make sure that the package was sent.
* Feel free to grab the button to put on your sidebar or make your own!
Please ask any questions in the comments!!
Also, be sure to keep an eye out for my 3rd annual End of Year Book Survey that will be happening again this year!