To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the future topics, click here!
Today is the last day of 2013 and that means it's high time to talk about the books you read this year that have earned a special place in your heart!
1. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund: OMG YOU GUYS!! SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS BOOK! How did noone make me read this sooner??? I basically had ALL THE FEELINGS reading this book!
2. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson: I have an undying love for this series. It was amazing and epic and just full of fantasy goodness and I'm SO SAD IT ENDED!! But it was a perfect ending! Also: HECTOR! ♥
3. Pivot Point by Kasie West: I cannot stop raving about this book. THIS BOOK! It made me smile and then it totally STOMPED on my heart and just need things to be fixed in Split Second ok?
4. Golden by Jessi Kirby: This was such an unexpected love! I read it on PulseIt because I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do at work and then I just couldn't stop reading and it was amazing and so, so beautiful!
5. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo: OBVIOUSLY this book made my list! I LOVE this series and Siege and Storm did not suffer from second book syndrome and it was wonderful and left me with an enormous book hangover! Also: STURMHOND! If you haven't started this series yet, do it so you can have yourself some Sturmhond as well!
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: I would have NEVER found this book without my bookclub at work. This was the first book we decided to read and oh wow was it amazing. I can't believe how much I loved this book and Wil Wheaton's audio narration. Check out my review here where I just gush about the whole thing.
7. Any Duchess Will Do by Tessa Dare: This book came out of nowhere for me. I tried a ton of new to me authors last year, and while Dare wasn't new to me, this series was. This is the third book and it was great. I think this book was one of the best because the characters and writing stayed with me over time. I talked about it in one of my roundups: The poignant parts are poignant, the funny parts are funny, and the sexytimes are hot. What more can you ask for?
8. Kiss of Steal by Bec McMaster: I am kind of in love with Steampunk, but when I read the books, they have been hit and miss. This was a hit! Such a fun paranormal and historical mix! Of course there is romance and it was great. I've loved the other books in the series as well and still have more to read. I did a full review of this one.
9. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I saw this on Netgalley and it sounded interesting. And wow was it! It was less a space drama that I was expecting and more a survivalist story with two very interesting leads. It was seriously good and I can't wait for the other books to come out. Full review here.
10. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: This was another surprise for me, meaning I was really shocked how much I liked it. I was putting it off for so long, and I thought I knew too much to enjoy it. But I really liked this, though I am not going to continue with the series. I like how this book ended and I am satisfied. So much better then the movie. Full review here!