To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the future topics, click here!
Christmas is tomorrow! Here are some books we hope Santa will leave for us under our tree or in our stocking.
1. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays by Ree Drummond. I asked for this for Christmas, though apparently my dad read this and thought anything by Ree. Too bad I already own all of her other books...
2. Three To Get Lei'd by Jill Marie Landis. I've been waiting to read this one, but I just can't bring myself to actually pay for it. I have a hard time spending money on books as a librarian, especially if I know I'll only read it once.
3. Runner's World Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training by lots of authors. I have started running more and more this past year, and I've found myself wishing I had a big book of running tips and tricks and training info. This looks like it would be pretty much perfect.
4. American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America by Colin Woodard. This is my library's chosen one-town-one-read book (we call it Carlisle Reads), and it actually sound super interesting. It's something I know would take me forever to read though, so I think owning a copy might be the best way to go.
5. Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh. I only recently discover this webcomic, but I love what I've seen. I'd be really happy to see this under the tree!
1. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham: Gilmore Girls is one of my all-time favorite shows and I still have not read Lauren Graham's book!
2. Jessica Darling's It List by Megan McCafferty: Love the Jessica Darling series and need to read about her earlier years!
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I've wanted to read this book for such a long time yet I still don't own it!
4. Just One Year by Gayle Forman: Can someone please yell at me until I read this?
5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart: This book isn't out yet until spring 2014 but Santa can work miracles, right?
I love Hyperbole and a Half! She is so freaking funny! I read her sugar monster one (I don't know if you know what I am talking about) sometime last month I think and my roommate thought I'd gone mad because I practically fell off the couch reading it haha.ReplyDelete
OMG, that one was so funny! The Alot one is my favorite, though. :-)Delete
This was an easy list to compile. Ask for ALL the books! ;) I hope you guys get some of the books on your lists. Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
On a side note, I'm having a serious problem getting my list to link. I'm really sorry if it's just bogged down right now and ends up with more than one link from me later on, but the removal tool says that I didn't enter anything even though I did. :(
I had the same problem :-( Sorry if my link shows up twice. :-(Delete
I have to try Hyperbole and a Half. It looks hilarious. I would also like any of The Pioneer Woman cookbooks. Hope all of you have a great Christmas.ReplyDelete
That's great about the running! Do you run in the gym/marathons or is it more informal, like lacing up your sneakers and heading out the door? Great wish list, and Delirium sounded interesting to me too.ReplyDelete
I recently got Hyperbole and a Half, and it is fantastic. You need to get it!ReplyDelete
Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read Just One Year yet! I really need to get on that!ReplyDelete
We Were Liars is on my list, too! I can't wait for it to come out! And I love Hyperbole and a Half web comics, I need to check out the book sometime, too!ReplyDelete
LOL - 1:39 am EST and I'm still number #60 on this list? Okay, some kind of devil magic is at work here :-) It's insane how quickly people get their links in! :-)ReplyDelete
Hyperbole and a Half - I pre-ordered the heck out of that thing! It's awesome!
I love your list this week - very eclectic. I hope Santa brings you everything you want!
Someday, Someday, Maybe is on my list too! I liked this Top Ten Tuesday!ReplyDelete
Just One Day was supposed to be in my list. I already had the paperback (though I'm still wishing for the harcover!) but I couldn't leave the other top ten that I already wrote. It's my first time doing Top Ten Tuesday weekly meme and I'm excited for next week! :)ReplyDelete
I was unexpectedly delighted by Someday. Hope Santa brings it for you!ReplyDelete
I have two of these on my listReplyDelete
Gayle Foreman and Lauren Graham are on my 'wish list' too! :-) We Were Liars is such an interesting title! I think there are e-ARCs of it available at the moment. Happy Christmas!ReplyDelete
I'm desperate to read We Were Liars! I think its going to be a great boor 2014. I'm currently reading Just One Year and I'm loving it! Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
Lots of great choices. I hope Santa brings them all. Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
I want the pioneer woman holidays book as well! Great list!ReplyDelete
We were liars looks very intriguing... yeay another awesome book to wait for. Hopefully Santa fulfills your lists!ReplyDelete
What great lists. Suddenly my wish list has just gotten biggerReplyDelete
Oh! How could I have forgotten about 'Hyperbole and a Half'?!ReplyDelete
Anyone else do bookish things instead of books? My want list was so long I decided I couldn't narrow it down, so I went with book swag instead :)ReplyDelete
There are just too many books out there! Wait...no such thing :) Merry Christmas, ladies!ReplyDelete
Great list! Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete
Good for you for running! I don't think any book in the world could help me prepare for a marathon. :)ReplyDelete
I, too, cannot wait for We Were Liars.
Yeah... The link thingy never worked for me, so here's my list:ReplyDelete
Great list! I hope Santa brings you all that you want this year.ReplyDelete
So. Much.. Fun.ReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting this - this week's topic was great. :)
Merry Christmas, ladies.
I just read Delirium this week and loved it! I started Pandemonium last night and am already 150 pages in. Also, I'm waiting for Hyperbole and a Half at the library, but that probably would be a better book to just outright own. I love her blog!ReplyDelete
This was a great topic! If you do it again next year, you should schedule a week or two earlier, that way the Santas in our life can use the list as a gift giving guide! (One of my Santas requested this.)ReplyDelete
Hyperbole and a Half is hilarious! Hope you find it under your tree!
Hyberbole and a Half is on my list as well :)ReplyDelete
Allie Brosh has a remarkable comedic gift. I can't tell you how many times I've visited her webcomic and ended up crying from laughing so hard.
From these you listed, I'd love to read Delirium <3 But I don't know many of the other books hahaha.ReplyDelete
Merry Christmas! :)
'Delirium' is on my list, too!ReplyDelete
This is my first time participating in this meme. It really took a long time for me to list 10 books which I didn't already have on hand! Check me out at Reading in Texas, http://elsireads.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday.htmlReplyDelete
This was so much fun to come up with!ReplyDelete
I'm enjoying checking out others' lists! I posted mine here: http://readthegamut.wordpress.com/2013/12/25/top-ten-tuesday-december-24-2013/ReplyDelete
Hope I get one of these picks from Santa. :DReplyDelete
Excited to take part in this in the new year :DReplyDelete