Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week is all about those characters in books that we wish were in our family! Next week the topic is Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves (all those things that annoy you in a story, with book covers, bookstores, etc. My (Jamie's) personal pet peeve--stickers on my books!)
So here it goes---these are some characters that I, Jamie, would adopt into my family.
1. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice -- I want her to be my sister. I feel like we would bond over books and have lovely and wonderful conversations..and I doubt we'd fight. Although, as soon as Darcy is in the picture...those sisterly bonds are OVER. :P
2. Oskar from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close -- Oskar is the cutest damn kid in the world. I would totally want him to be my little brother. I've always wanted a little brother. I would hug him and hug him so he didn't have heavy boots anymore and I'd go on all his random scavenger hunts with him.
3. Roger from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour-- Let's forget that I have a book crush on him. Let's pretend that he isn't totally swoonworthy. I'd totally want him to be a cousin that I could hang out with and actually be excited about seeing at family functions. We'd make an adventure out of everything and swap mix cds at every family gathering.
4. Mr. Bennet from Pride and Prejudice-- I love my dad..but if I had to choose a fictional dad..Mr. Bennet is a good choice! He wants what is best for his daughters and lets them grow into who they really are and accepts them or that!
5. Mrs. March from Little Women -- Again, I loved my real mom when she was alive..but I'd definitely choose Mrs. March for a fiction mom because I loved her! She was such a great mother. I loved the relationship she had with all of her daughters.
6. Liesel's parents in the Book Thief -- This is one of my all time favorite books and I would totally want parents who stood up for what they believed in..no matter the cost. They instilled such great values in Liesel and I appreciate parents like that.
7. Jacob from Water For Elephants-- I would totally want 90 year old Jacob to be my grandfather. I would have loved (as a child) to sit on his laps and hear the stories about his life with the circus and I have a feeling he'd tell them so vividly and with some enthusiasm that I'd eat them right up!
8. Vera from Please Ignore Vera Dietz -- I'd totally like Vera to be my sister. She is so down to earth and genuine...and smart! I think we'd get along really well. I really felt like I knew her when I was reading this.
9. Finnick from The Hunger Games series -- Finnick is one of my favorite characters in the whole series. He is all sorts of badassness and I think I could attribute some of my inner badassness to him if he were my uncle or something.
10. I'm slightly embarrassed about this one. But if I were a vampire..I'd totally want the Cullen clan to be a part of my vampy family....minus Edward. I legit love Carlisle. And Alice would be the perfect sister to share clothes with. Rosalie would be the sister that I'd want to bitch slap most of the time but she'd have my back. And the boys..they'd be protective big brothers and I'd need that so I didn't get my ass kicked by the Voltaire or some stinkin werewolves.
What about you? Which fictional characters would you like to adopt into your family?