For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
1. Hocus Pocus. No question, this is the one movie I will make sure I watch every. single. October. Sometimes September if I'm anxious. The past few years I've made it a tradition to watch it with one of my best friends from high school, and this year will be no different! I'm also planning on watching this with my tween patrons at the library.
2. The Diviners by Libba Bray. Definitely the creepiest book I've read in a long time, this is perfect for October reading. Ghosts, special powers, serial killers, what more do you want from your fright-time book of choice? (P.S., the audiobook is well-done too.)
3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. Another gruesome teen ghost tale. Not for the faint of heart, or those who don't like thinking about ghosts killing people. This one is a little different, though, because the ghost in question is not necessarily all bad and has a history our main character, Cas, does his best to uncover.
(I'm not really the hugest fan of Halloween, but I love reading Gothic novels or creepy mysteries. I don't do horror because I'm a chicken.)
4. The Caged Graves by Dianne K. Salerni - This book is an historic tale of some caged graves in Catawissa, Pennsylvania, and why they are caged. Maybe witchcraft, perhaps? There's some paranormal feelings and the setting is so creepy. It's definitely a good mood read, but it won't give you nightmares! (My review)
5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout - It's a mystery, and it's a GOOD one. And it's creepy.
6. Ten by Gretchen McNeil - This is a YA retelling(ish) of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. A group of friends has a house party on a creepy island, and then a storm sets in that cuts them off from the outside world. They discovery a creepy DVD with a message: Vengeance is mine... and then people start dying. It's CREEPY.
7. Scream -- Okay I know people might consider this movie corny but it's a classic slasher flick and I LOVE IT and always watch it (and Hocus Pocus) around Halloween. I can't help it. I also loved I Know What You Did Last Summer as a teen!
8. Miss Peregrine's House For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: Okay I totally thought this was going to be scary based on the cover but NO it is not. It was SO good though and so amazingly written and I HIGHLY recommend it. It has the perfect tone for Halloween!
9. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting: This series is great! It's about a girl who can hear the echos of the murdered and so she helps solve cases! It's not super scary either! Just mysterious and a bit twisty!
10. The Exorcism of Emily Rose: THIS MOVIE. Back in the day I used to watch a lot of scary films and let me just tell you that one of the only movies that has really, really scared me is this one. I couldn't handle it! The first Paranormal Activity kind of also scared the bejeezus out of me too.
Great picks. The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a scary movie.ReplyDelete
NICE , I LIKE THIS , ..ReplyDelete
grosir matras boneka
What a great top10 you have this week. Love it.ReplyDelete
And your top 10 choices are great!!
Hocus Pocus should most definitely be on everyone's list!ReplyDelete
I've been disappointed by my most of my spooky Halloween reads this month. Should have read some of these. Like The Diviners which is on my TBR. Great list ladies!ReplyDelete
Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally
Ten sounds intriguing. I'm going to have to check that one out. I also really need to read Anna Dressed in Blood. I couldn't think of anything to contribute this week so I skipped it! Haha. I suck at Halloween :)ReplyDelete
Ten made my list, too! And I totally agree: The Exorcism of Emily Rose is pretty freakin' terrifying!ReplyDelete
The Diviners was a pretty scary book! And Scream 1 and 2 were some of my favorite scary movies. But The Conjuring, and the 2nd and 3rd Paranormal Activity movies are some of my scariest movies.ReplyDelete
Great choices guys and this week Top Ten has been a wonderful one, well done!ReplyDelete
My TTT - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf
I'm a big fan of Hocus Pocus too! Great theme for the week--this was really fun to do.ReplyDelete
I watch Hocus Pocus every halloween too! It's such a fantastic movie. I also really love Scream. It never fails to make me jump.ReplyDelete
Anna, Don't Look Back & Ten are all super creepy! I'm going to have to move The Body Finders up my TBR list, it sounds awesome!
Movie wise, I'd definitely recommend The Conjuring - such a creepy movie. And also Insidious. :)
I want to read that book by Libba Bray. That’s a nice list of spooky stories. Happy Halloween! kelley—the road goes ever ever onReplyDelete
I absolutely LOVE Hocus Pocus. One of my all time favorite movies!!!ReplyDelete
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is a good pick for Halloween! It's more creepy than scary.ReplyDelete
Yessss, Hocus Pocus is such a great movie! I haven't watched it yet this year, I'm waiting until the 30th/31st! Ten is a great murder mystery too. AND SCREAM. BEST HORROR MOVIE FRANCHISE EVER.ReplyDelete
Scream is excellent! "My mom and dad are going to be so mad at me!" That's my favorite line.ReplyDelete
I 100% agree with the Emily Rose bit!ReplyDelete
~ Cate is Reading Good Books.
Hocus Pocus! Yes!!! I also have been meaning to read Miss Peregrine's House For Peculiar Children. Great list!ReplyDelete
Scream is definitely a classic! I love that one!ReplyDelete
Whoops, I forgot to link up in time! My post can be found here: http://musingsfromnevillesnavel.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/ten-spooky-books-to-read-three-scary-stories-to-watch/ReplyDelete