Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers and bookworms.
Check out future Top Ten Tuesday topics, including some new one's listed for March at the Top Ten Tuesday page!
I thought that this week's topic would be so easy for me. Books and music are two of my favorite things! I had iTunes, Spotify, last.fm, Goodreads and YouTube open while trying to match up which ten songs would go best with the ten books I had selected. Needless to say, this topic took way more time than it should have. BUT I did have a lot of fun with it!
*Please note that I probably changed my mind at least three times before decided on one song per book. I'm too indecisive this week.
Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To:
(and please tell us the song and why you'd pick it for the book!)
(and please tell us the song and why you'd pick it for the book!)
- Perfect Fifths: "Here's To The Night" - Eve 6. I don't want to give anything away but I think if you've listened to the song and read the book you'll understand why I picked it. "In a day and a day love I'm gonna be gone for good again"..."Here's to goodbye tomorrow's gonna come too soon"
- Wanderlove: "Takeoffs and Landings" - The Ataris. Confession: I haven't read this book yet. BUT based upon the synopsis and multiple reviews I've read I think this song fits perfectly. "Passport, customs, carry on/remember to shut off all your electronic devices/Fell asleep on Tuesday woke up Monday afternoon/I slept right through your International Date Line"
- Amy and Roger's Epic Detour: "The Mixed Tape" - Jack's Mannequin. I can't even come up with an reason why I think this song goes with the book. It just does (to me). "I'm swimming through the stereo/I'm writing you a symphony of sound"
- The DUFF: "The Middle" - Jimmy Eat World. To me, The DUFF, was about being comfortable in your own skin and not worry about what others are saying about you. I feel the same thing about this song. "Hey, you know they're all the same/You know your doing better on your own, so don't buy in/Live right now, just be yourself/It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else"
- Revolution: "Firework" - Katy Perry. First, fireworks play a pretty big part in Revolution. Second, both main characters, Alex and Andi, feel like can't escape certain problems in their own lives. "Do you already feel buried deep/six feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing"
- Fever: "The Lucky Ones" - Brendan James. Okay, so I haven't read this book yet either, but based upon how Wither ended I think this song would be great for Rhine and Gabriel. " City lights as far as the eye can see/You and I, we will live differently"
- A Northern Light: - "Anything To Say You're Mine" - Etta James. I'd consider this Grace's song. She's a minor character that plays a big role in the story but the song is a perfect fit for her. "You promised to write me each and every day/But I haven't heard from you since you went away"
- The Hunger Games: "Survivor" - Destiny's Child. Imagine Katniss belting this out to the Capitol in the arena. "You thought would fail without you but I'm on top/You thought it would be over by now but it won't stop/Thought I would self destruct but I'm still here"
- The Great Gatsby: "Play Crack The Sky" - Brand New. One of my favorite songs. Ever. It has been awhile since I read The Great Gatsby but I remember thinking this song fit well! "The wrong words will strand you, come off course while you sleep"
- And I'm drawing a blank. SO close. I'll try my best to think of one more song before the end of the day!
Lol!!! I picked the same song for Hunger Games!!ReplyDelete
Yay! I know it sounds silly but it really fits!Delete
Firework by Katy Perry is a perfect song for Revolution by Donnelly. What a fun assignment this week. Thanks.ReplyDelete
I just admire that you have a list. I couldn't match songs to anything!ReplyDelete
Making this list was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!Delete
I also have a Jack's Mannequin song! Though for a different book and a different song. Love the list.ReplyDelete
Awesome list! This was tough! I only came up with six but it is late so maybe later on in the day I will have more inspiration :DReplyDelete
The thought of Katniss belting out Survivor makes me chuckle quite a bit, I must say! I mentioned Amy and Roger twice in my list, it's the perfect book to have theme songs!ReplyDelete
Your list is fantastic!ReplyDelete
This was quite a difficult TTT! But the awesome thing about it is that usually TTTs introduce me to new books - this time it also introduces me to new music.ReplyDelete
Whew. You are right. Yes, it did take a lot of time. But, yes, it was a lot of fun!ReplyDelete
Top Ten Books I'd Give a Theme Song To. I'd love to have you stop by.
And I hope you'll also enter the Readerbuzz February Giveaway! You could win All Kinds of Kisses or Paris to the Past or a $25 Amazon giftcard!
your #8 is perfect! why didn't I think of that!ReplyDelete
This was such a difficult one! I did my best, it took me a long time and I never got to 10 books, but I hope it's good.ReplyDelete
I always knew that my loves Katniss and Beyonce would someday collide :)ReplyDelete
This was TOUGH. I am impressed you got ten! And I hadn't thought to put the Great Gatsby to this test, I like that idea.ReplyDelete
Your choice for The Hunger Games made me laugh, but it was so perfect! I also thought this week's list was really tough. I've been mulling it over for days!ReplyDelete
Heehee, I nearly put "Survivor" for Hunger Games too...but I chickened out. This was a hard theme! I kept wanting to use the songs from the movie adaptation soundtracks, like "Pride & Prejudice."ReplyDelete
I was trying to find a Hunger Games song, but couldn't do it. Great choice!ReplyDelete
Hilarious that you used Survivor by Destiny's Child for Hunger Games because I was going to do the same but left it out! I only made it to 9 as well!ReplyDelete
I only could do 5 books but I did 10 songs. Awesome list!ReplyDelete
This one was SO hard for me. It's not something I've ever really thought about, so I could only get four...ReplyDelete
That was tough, but I managed to pick some great ones. Love your list, by the way!ReplyDelete
Jen, listening to "Here's to the Night" right now -- WOW! Perfect perfect pick for Perfect Fifths. Love this!ReplyDelete
Yay! I'm glad you think so!Delete
Whew! I'm glad other people struggled with this one, too. Clearly, I needed to spend more time with it. I only have three books, but I added videos, too. That makes it slightly less lame, right?ReplyDelete
Oh, and I love Katniss singing Survivor, too!
Hahaha, I giggled out loud picturing Katniss singing to the invisible cameras in the arena, but it's so appropriate!ReplyDelete
I'm so impressed--this one was very hard for me, as I don't really listen to music. kaye—the road goes ever ever onReplyDelete
Those are all really great picks! Some people had a really easy time with this topic, I didn't so I skipped it. I love music and I love books, but I never really think of them together. I can't listen to music when I read and I'm not usually thinking about music when I'm reading. I have really loved seeing all the posts for this though. I can totally see how the songs go with the books when other people choose them. :)ReplyDelete
Tough topic, but rather fun to do anyway! I liked your list, though I'm awfully out of touch with what's playing on the radio nowadays. Thanks once again for hosting!ReplyDelete
Love this week's topic - took me ages but I got there in the end! I couldn't think of anything to fit The Hunger Games, but your choice definitely made me smile!ReplyDelete
This was a hard one but a really cool idea!ReplyDelete
This was a really hard one! But I loved it. Great idea!ReplyDelete
I agree with the majority... This was a really hard one, but very fun to do! I like your song choices!ReplyDelete
Love Wanderlove, Amy and Roger, Fever, Revolution, DUFF, and The Hunger Games! Great choices and super fun question! :)ReplyDelete
I STRUGGLED with this one, only because I've been obsessed for weeks with trying to make the perfect list! Thanks for such a thought provoking post!ReplyDelete
It was harder than past topics but hopefully you enjoyed making your list!Delete
This one was difficult!ReplyDelete
Jess@ Jessy's Bookends
This would've been a really hard one for me to figure out, so I skipped it and did my own. I'm impressed with your choices though :) Also, didn't mean to link twice and my iPhone won't let me delete the first accidental link! :)ReplyDelete
What a great topic! I had fun with this one!ReplyDelete
I like to write theme songs for movies. Once I wrote a theme song for the movie Tombs of the Blind Dead, but the only words were "Tombs of The Blind Dead." That's why I never get asked to score movies. http://zombielogicblog.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
I love this:) Great:)ReplyDelete
Awesome theme! But I could only come up with five!ReplyDelete
I find it sort of interesting how people who have similar taste in books don't necessarily have similar taste in music... also I realize how clueless I am about any music other than the stuff I like!ReplyDelete
Fab list! Definitely agree with Survivor for Kat and Firework for Revolution. Mine is at YA Yeah Yeah if you'd like to take a look.ReplyDelete
This is definitely my favourite Top Ten Tuesday topic so far, so thank you! It's really interesting to see all of the different music tastes everyone has.ReplyDelete
Can I just say that you have a wonderful taste in music ;)ReplyDelete
Sad to join the party late! Dang good theme. Can't wait to take part in the next one!ReplyDelete
The Survivor thing is honestly the funniest thing I've ever seen. Imagine they just played it in the background during battles or the winning scenes.ReplyDelete
THE SURVIVOR CHOICE IS BRILLIANT.ReplyDelete
Imagine they just played it in the background of all winning and battle scenes. Or Katniss ariving back home... genius.
Survivor is the best choice! Omg. Can't stop laughing.ReplyDelete
Here's my list.