Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!
NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC IS: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings!
I'm doing all books to be released in 2011 for this one but feel free to modify it to be books that you anticipating reading in 2011; regardless of publication dates! I've indicated whether they are YA or Adult as I read both.
1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman (YA) -- This isn't released until April. The first book--If I Stay-- was incredible and I don't know how these crazy publishers expect me to wait until then! TORTURE! You can read my review for If I Stay on my personal blog. If you haven't read If I Stay yet, make sure you read it right before April so you don't have to wait!
2. Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan (Not sure if this is YA or Adult. I've heard it's adult but he typically writes YA) -- This one is released in January so I won't have to wait too long! I love David Levithan so I can't wait to see this one. A love story told through dictionary entries--sounds interesting!
3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano (YA) -- I'm pretty much the only one in the world that didn't get this one so I'll just have to wait until March to get my hands on this one. The cover is gorgeous and I'm really loving dystopian books lately..I can't WAIT!
4. Bumped by Megan McCafferty (YA)-- This one comes out at the end of April! Clearly I have a thing for messed up societies. This one is very interesting--nobody over the age of 18 is able to have babies making teens very important people. Apparently this is pretty different from her Jessica Darling series which I'm planning on reading very soon!
5. 13, rue Thérèse: A Novel by Elena Mauli Shapiro (Adult) -- Go read the Amazon description for this one. It sounds like a movie I've seen before but I can't figure it out. I love the cover for this one and it really sounds like it could be quite beautiful.
6. Timeless by Alexandra Monir (YA) -- This one sounds really interesting! Some time-travel, some romance. I'm really looking forward to this one. I believe it comes out in January!
7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (YA) -- FINALLY! My little hands have been itching for this one. After I got denied for this on NetGalley, I just gave up and tried to put it out of my mind. CAN'T WAIT. More dystopian fun..are we seeing a pattern yet?
8. The Peach Keeper: A Novel by Sarah Addison Allen (Adult) -- The cover of this one makes me antsy for summer. I love peaches! Family feuds + secretive man...I'm there! Supposed to be published in March, I believe!
9. Recovery Road by Blake Nelson (YA) -- For some reason I tend to be drawn to books about addiction and recovery. It's weird because I've never had to deal with any of those things, but either way, this one sounds intriguing. March 2011.
10. Lord in the House of Myself by Stacy Pershall (Memoir)-- This one sounds so quirky and I'm the queen of quirky memoirs. I just love them! Luckily I'm getting a copy of this one from W.W. Norton so I'm stoked!
Also, I've heard that Haruki Murakami is coming out with a new one? Is this true? Oh, and a new Saramago is coming out!
What books are you most anticipating in 2011?