Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!
NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC IS: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings!
I'm doing all books to be released in 2011 for this one but feel free to modify it to be books that you anticipating reading in 2011; regardless of publication dates! I've indicated whether they are YA or Adult as I read both.
1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman (YA) -- This isn't released until April. The first book--If I Stay-- was incredible and I don't know how these crazy publishers expect me to wait until then! TORTURE! You can read my review for If I Stay on my personal blog. If you haven't read If I Stay yet, make sure you read it right before April so you don't have to wait!
2. Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan (Not sure if this is YA or Adult. I've heard it's adult but he typically writes YA) -- This one is released in January so I won't have to wait too long! I love David Levithan so I can't wait to see this one. A love story told through dictionary entries--sounds interesting!
3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano (YA) -- I'm pretty much the only one in the world that didn't get this one so I'll just have to wait until March to get my hands on this one. The cover is gorgeous and I'm really loving dystopian books lately..I can't WAIT!
4. Bumped by Megan McCafferty (YA)-- This one comes out at the end of April! Clearly I have a thing for messed up societies. This one is very interesting--nobody over the age of 18 is able to have babies making teens very important people. Apparently this is pretty different from her Jessica Darling series which I'm planning on reading very soon!
5. 13, rue Thérèse: A Novel by Elena Mauli Shapiro (Adult) -- Go read the Amazon description for this one. It sounds like a movie I've seen before but I can't figure it out. I love the cover for this one and it really sounds like it could be quite beautiful.
6. Timeless by Alexandra Monir (YA) -- This one sounds really interesting! Some time-travel, some romance. I'm really looking forward to this one. I believe it comes out in January!
7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (YA) -- FINALLY! My little hands have been itching for this one. After I got denied for this on NetGalley, I just gave up and tried to put it out of my mind. CAN'T WAIT. More dystopian fun..are we seeing a pattern yet?
8. The Peach Keeper: A Novel by Sarah Addison Allen (Adult) -- The cover of this one makes me antsy for summer. I love peaches! Family feuds + secretive man...I'm there! Supposed to be published in March, I believe!
9. Recovery Road by Blake Nelson (YA) -- For some reason I tend to be drawn to books about addiction and recovery. It's weird because I've never had to deal with any of those things, but either way, this one sounds intriguing. March 2011.
10. Lord in the House of Myself by Stacy Pershall (Memoir)-- This one sounds so quirky and I'm the queen of quirky memoirs. I just love them! Luckily I'm getting a copy of this one from W.W. Norton so I'm stoked!
Also, I've heard that Haruki Murakami is coming out with a new one? Is this true? Oh, and a new Saramago is coming out!
What books are you most anticipating in 2011?
Yay my very firth Top Ten Tuesday!ReplyDelete
Thanks for having me :)
Oh I have Bumped as well! Delirium is really good! I loved it - I am so keen for the 2nd one now! That may be one of my most anticipated books for 2012!ReplyDelete
Oh, you reminded me I'm totally dying to read The Peach Keeper! I absolutely adore Sarah Addison Allen and I've been wanting to read something else by her so bad. As far as I've heard it's out in March, so Yay!ReplyDelete
Also, you will LOVE Wither! It's so good, I just couldn't stop reading it once I started.
So, yeah, I could almost copy and paste your list on mine, but I won't! LOL Fab list though. :o)
I'm gonna Top Ten Tuesday a try this week! I love your list! Now to try and put my own together! I am very bad at waiting for anything! Hehe!ReplyDelete
I love your Top Ten Tuesdays! I have quite a few of these on my list too :)ReplyDelete
Great topic this week! I'm also enjoying the dystopian books lately. You will love the Jessica Darling series! :-)ReplyDelete
I don't usually have a list of new books to look forward to, but this year is an exception!ReplyDelete
Ive got Bumped on my List. Ill have to Keep Sarah Addison Allen's in mind as I like her. My fav of hers was The Sugar Queen and Ive got Delirium on its way for me.ReplyDelete
I have nothing on my list for next year. That is sad. I must go visit blogs and obtain some to-look-for titles.ReplyDelete
Not a single new release on my list... but I'm still looking forward to each and every one!ReplyDelete
Wither and Where She Went made my list, too! I just read Bumped - haha, it's a shocker - check out my review, if you want. There are some I hadn't hear of on here, so thanks!ReplyDelete
-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha
PS - I love this meme!
First of all, I love this meme! I look forward to it every Tuesday. :)ReplyDelete
I also have "Where She Went" on my list too! I totally forgot about Levithan's book, which I think is adult but that's definitely in my radar. I'll have to read up on your other choices that I never heard of before.
I'm really looking forward to reading Wither, Delirium and Bumped as well! Dystopian novels always sounds so interesting, hope they live up to it!ReplyDelete
I'm looking forward to Wither as well. Fun topic this week and thanks for hosting. :)ReplyDelete
Oh, I hadn't heard anything about Bumped. That looks incredibly interesting!ReplyDelete
A lot of YA on your list! I think I may have to break down and start reading some YA because of all the good things I hear.ReplyDelete
I'm really looking forward to Wither, Bumped and Delirium, but I haven't read If I Stay yet, so I can't be excited for Where She Went. They look good though :DReplyDelete
Some intersting looking books on your list. A nice mix of adult & YA. Some I had not heard of before. Thanks for hosting!ReplyDelete
Great topic...and a bit deadly to by WISH LIST...*grabs pen and perpares to add more books*ReplyDelete
1. Will be getting a copy of IF I STAY soon so the verdict on that one is out.
2. With one part of the author duo behind DASH & LILY'S BOOK OF DARES...I HAVE to find out more about this one!
3. Just got this one about a week or so ago (total suprise, so you never know, you still might get one!)...from what I've heard, it's GOOD.
4. Interesting story line....we shall see..
5. First time I've heard of this one...
6. Ditto on this one...
7. Ooh...I loved her first book and definitely can't wait for this one...it's already on the Wish List...
8. New to me..
9. Hmm...may not make my list...
10. Curious title....will look into...
Egad! Now I see all the other posts linked up...my poor wish list....it's going to need a cart just to move itself around! (LOL.) Love the idea for next week's post..can't wait to see what's on your list. Happy reading!
I'm one of those people who don't really look forward to books, mostly because I don't bother to look at what's coming out haha. I wrote a bit about it in my post. That said, I'm looking forward to Delirium too.ReplyDelete
I've never heard of some of the books on your list. I'll have to look them up! Although, I really need to knock some of the books I already have on my 900+ TBR list out of the way before I put anymore on it, lol.ReplyDelete
This time I have a REALLY short list. But enjoyed it very much to take a peek on other peoples wishlists.. ;") Great idea!ReplyDelete
Great Top Ten!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for thinking of this one :)
We have Delirium and Wither in common! I can't wait to read all these amazing books !!ReplyDelete
This one was really tricky. I had to do some research and I loved reading everyone else's lists. Got some great ideas!ReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting this awesome meme!ReplyDelete
I see this meme all the time but haven't joined in until now.ReplyDelete
It was so hard just to pick ten but fun!
For the most part I'm anticipating the new releases in series that I've been reading and digging in the the tons of books I own but haven't read yet. But, I too love memoirs and have quite a few on my list that I'm looking forward to.ReplyDelete
Love this topic - I found it very easy to complete all 10!ReplyDelete
The memoir sounds really fun! :)ReplyDelete
I have a bunch you listed on my TBR too! I didn't get a copy of Wither either, so you're not entirely alone. :)ReplyDelete
Both Wither and Bumped are on my radar...looks like it's going to be a fab year for dystopian reads!ReplyDelete
Great picks! Reading Lark will be joining you for Top Ten each week. Here is our list of picks:ReplyDelete
Great list, I love dystopian novels too! This was my first time participating in this memeReplyDelete
nice question! i've been thinking a lot lately about what books i want to read next year... none of them are new releases, but it was fun to think about the books i want to read, or reread, starting in just a few weeks.ReplyDelete
posted my response at http://fatbooks.org/2010/12/15/anticipated-reading-2011-edition/
I finally have my belated Top Ten Tuesday up! I wasn't able to give it the attention it deserved but I did really enjoy thinking about books I'm waiting for.ReplyDelete
This was fun! I don't normally plan my reading this far in advance, but I'm so glad to have an idea of how to tackle my ever-growing pile of unread books.ReplyDelete
Re: Wither. I got a copy back in August, randomly from my bookstore where I used to work. I took it with me to Ohio and didn't read it. Then I lent it to another blogger, it got lost in the mail, and now I've borrowed one from ANOTHER blogger, so hopefully I'll finally get to read it! LOL. The sordid tale of WITHER.ReplyDelete
I'm with you on BUMPED. LOVER'S DICTIONARY. TIMELESS. Add to your list IMAGINARY GIRLS!
With all the books I want to read in 2011, I don't know how I'll have time to manage anything else! Here is my list:ReplyDelete
I just received the ARC of 13, rue Thérèse: A Novel and I have to say it is one of my favorites. I picked it up just to flip through it to see what it was all about and ended up reading it straight through!!ReplyDelete
I would like to join this week. I think I could easily come up with my top 10 books I hope to get for Christmas.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the great list. My 2011 picks have a lot of Middle Grade choices. Here's my "can't wait" winners: http://t.co/bAD2b2TReplyDelete