Monday, August 16, 2010
Top Ten Tuesday -- Jamie's Top Ten Favorite Book Blogs!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!
Before The Broke and the Bookish, I was just a book blog reader. It is a much different experience reading blogs as just a reader than as a book blogger now. I am trying to get back to those roots of mine--the days when I scoured all my favorite book blogs to look for reviews to help me decide which books I should be reading next! Instead of trying to tell you about how great my blog is (even though it is pretty nifty!) I'd be delighted to share some of my favorite book blogs with you! I hope that you will be able to find a new blog to enjoy! As a disclaimer, I have alot more than ten blogs that I love. It was really hard to limit it to ten because I love so many different blogs that I follow! Just know that I love you all! :)
In no particular order:
1. Dead White Guys -- Ok, in all honesty, this might be my favorite blog ever. I read a variety of books but the classics have a special place in my heart. DWG is a HILARIOUS blog reviewing classics and other bookish topics. The discussion on this blog rivals no other.
2. Boston Book Bums - I read from pretty much every genre so this blog is great for me! This merry band of bibliophiles from Boston are constantly cranking out quality reviews and posts on fun, bookish topics.
3. Good Books and Wine - I have two places that I always turn to when I need my YA fix. This is one of them. April reviews more than YA but the majority of reviews are of the YA genre. I can always count on her reviews to lead me towards good YA.
4. Tutor Girl Reads - Great reviews from a variety of genres! I can always count on a quality review here and I love that this blog doesn't have any memes. Sometimes it is nice to get away from that.
5. English Major's Junk Food - Awesome blog from an English major who isn't afraid to read books that are typically looked down on by English majors. I love this blog because of the variety of genres reviewed and I love hearing about her internship experiences!
6. A Lit Major's Notebook - Love this blog. It used to be called A Victorian Heroine or something like that. She reviews mainly classics but has really great bookish posts in addition to them. She is also a writer and I like reading about her experience!
7. A Literary Odyssey - Mostly classics are reviewed on this great blog! She has made a challenge for herself to read through a list of classics! Definitely inspiring me to do the same!
8. The Prairie Library - Love this variety on this blog! (Can you tell that I happen to love variety on a blog?) Great reviews and great posts about bookish things.
9. Roof Beam Reader - The lone male book blogger on the list! This blog is new to me and I'm so happy I found it recently! He reads great books and talks about important bookish things. I love his feature called Saturday Uncensored in which he discusses banned books!
10. The Story Siren - I mentioned that I have two go-to blogs for my YA fix. This one is the other one. This blog is so awesome and I'm in love with the layout! That isn't generally what I look for in a blog but I can't help but be superficial and think her layout is beautiful. She hosts the meme In My Mailbox in addition to YA book reviews, giveaways, author interviews, and more!
And I keep thinking of a few more that I want to list. Meh. I'll be spotlighting my favorite blogs every week on my personal blog so you can be sure to check out all the blogs that strike my fancy.
What are YOUR favorite book blogs? What makes a blog a favorite for you--a variety of content, a specific genre/an array of genres, a witty blogger, etc?
Next week the topic is - Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read