Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!
Top Ten Heroines
Ok, so I had a blast typing this up. I love finding novels with a good heroine. There are some spoilers in here, but I’ve marked them. In no particular order (except for the very first one.)
1. Yelena Zaltana (Study Trilogy)- She is my favorite heroine from any book or movie. She overcomes so much, and becomes an incredible person. She is tough, funny, has a mind of her own, she’s a powerful magician, and overall just a fantastic character.
2. Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)-**KINDA SPOILER WARNING** She can be so aggravating! She’s clueless really. But oh so likable. She loves her family and they always come first. She can’t really hate anyone, even though she says that she does. Plus she’s tough, doesn’t let anyone push her around. And she’s the Mockingjay!
3. Lirael (Abhorson Trilogy) **SPOILER WARNING**- Lirael is just a great character. She starts out as a timid girl who only wishes for what she can’t have. Eventually she becomes a great person, a power magician, Abhorson, AND she’s a librarian! She has one of the coolest pets possible too, who could resist “The Dog”?
4. Hermione Granger- (Harry Potter) Do I really need to explain why I like her? She’s smart, tough, and she puts up with Ron and Harry! I mean, that really deserves consideration. And she slapped Malfoy, which is a win in my book. (Pardon the pun)
5. Lyra “Silvertongue”Belacqua-( His Dark Materials Trilogy) Honestly, how can you not like her? She’s just a kid but she’s tough and has a snarky sense of humor.
6. Flavia de Luce (Falvia de Luce) - Much too smart for her own good and endlessly entertaining. You have to love the 11 year old girl that figures everything out long before the adults do.
7. Nita Callahan (Young Wizards)- She loves books, loves science and would do absolutely anything for her family or her friends.
8. Gemma Doyle (Gemma Doyle series)- Her powers are so different and interesting. She’s determined not to become the person that society thinks she needs to be. No fancy parties and polite conversations for her.
9. Ella (Ella Enchanted) –She’s funny, and tough and she gets the prince in the end!
10. Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice)- She gets to marry Mr. Darcy, enough said. Kidding kidding! But seriously, half of modern heroines are modeled after her. She’s tough, funny and determined to live the life that she wants.
NEXT WEEK'S TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Words I Love (you know..because we bookish people like our words!)