For future topics/more info click here
Book recommendations. They can be a scary, scary thing. I always feel stressed when someone asks to to recommend a book they might like. So. Much. Pressure. What if they HATE a book that I LOVE?! These are the books I find myself recommending over and over again.
Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most
(and the brief commentary I usually add with it):
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: AMAZING. Warning, don't read this book in public. There is a good chance you'll cry.
- Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: A story about a cross-country road trip and the pages of the book are filled like a scrapbook.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee: I usually recommend this book when I find out someone has never read it. I'm always shocked by people who have never read this book.
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green: Another AMAZING book you shouldn't read in public because you're going to cry.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer: I actually read this book because Jamie used to rave about it all the time. It's been a few years since I read it but I still find myself recommending it to other people.
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler: Because you should always read banned books/challenged books.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: A great book that makes you think how you treat others and the potential consequences of those actions.
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: *Sa-woon* This was the first Sarah Dessen book I read and it began my love for her books!
- If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman: Just read these two books. You'll love them, I promise!
- Trafficked by Kim Purcell: It's scary and sad that things like this still happen.
What are the top ten books that you recommend the most? I'm looking forward to finding new books to add to my to-read list!