Ever have that wish that you could just meet the person that wrote that book, or works on that blog? This week's Top Ten Tuesday gives you a chance to let the world know which bookish people you'd love to meet! This week I, Tahleen, will go through my top choices. Really these might be more along the lines of bookish people I'd like to share a meal with, but you get the idea. (This might look remarkably similar to my Thanksgiving table top ten from last year. Please ignore this, and I will really really try to think of other people.)
1. Bill Bryson. I did meet him once, but it was very short (though he did shake my hand). I would love to sit down and have tea or dinner with him and talk about all sorts of things, which I'm sure would range from the everyday to the bizarre.
2. John Green. Another one I've technically met but, again, only for a few seconds. Long enough for him to tell me he liked my name! And to not to forget to be awesome of course.
3. Kate Beaton. Technically she writes comics, mostly about history, but you've got to be pretty bookish to know as much as she does and make funny stuff about it all.
4. Dolly Parton. Surprise! She's bookish! She created the Imagination Library in an effort to instill a love of reading into the children in her hometown, which expanded to a national program (for those who ask about it). Plus I just want to meet Dolly. I think she's fabulous.
5. My fellow Broke and the Bookish bloggers. I feel like I am the only one who hasn't met any of the ladies in TB&TB. I have been lucky enough to meet a few other bloggers in the community, but none of my copilots. (Sorry, no pic of everyone to put here!)
Julia here. I will add five more! Also, I second Tahleen's number 5. I haven't met anyone either. But you can see our pretty faces on the About Us page!
6. Tim Gunn! I love Tim Gunn. Both of his books I have read thus far (I even reviewed Gunn's Golden Rules), and I can't wait to get my hands on his new book, Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible! He is such an interesting and smart man, and I really think we could have some really good conversations. If I did meet him, it would take me days to decide what to wear!
8. Eloisa James. One of my favorite romance novel authors ever. I think she creates and weaves together a story that is so unique and interesting, even if it is through Facebook posts! I love her writing, at 140 characters or 400 pages, and again tea time would be amazing. Especially if it were in Paris.
9. Sarah Wendell. SB-TB is one of my favorite romance novel websites out there. SB Sarah is an author and blogger, and someone I would love to sit and gush about current romance novels, trends, tropes or whatever. It would be quite a fun time!
10. Gail Carriger. We would have a smashing good time have tea and crumpets while talking about all things steampunk. I think meeting her would be super fun! (I was going to attempt to put in a steampunk joke, but my brain is falling quite flat ha).
So who are yours? Link it up below!!