Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time...just post what you can!
This week's topic:
Top Ten Fictional Crushes
- Oskar from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: If I was eight years old I would be in LOVE with Oskar. We'd definitely get married on the playground during recess.
- Wes from The Truth About Forever: Sa-woon! He's the artistic one, I want him to make me my own sculpture out of stuff he finds at the junkyard.
- Gale from the Hunger Games Trilogy: He's strong, dependable, he cares for his family, and not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
- Marcus from Sloppy Firsts (the Jessica Darling series): I haven't finished the series yet but I have a soft spot for Marcus. I loved his day of the week t-shirts and cryptic messages to Jessica.
- Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour: Who wouldn't want a cute boy to take a cross-country road trip with? If you cry in front of Roger he's not going to freak out on you, he'll give you his sunglasses to wear so people can't tell you've been crying. Plus, he makes amazing mix CDs.
- Dexter from This Lullaby: Be careful, when you first meet Dexter he might accidentally knock you off your feet (literally). But he's passionate about music, funny (his band has a song about potatoes), he loves his dog, and he never gives up.
- Shay from Nightshade: Okay, so I haven't even read this book yet (it comes out today!) but I loved the marketing campaign for Nightshade. I loved how you could interact with Shay online and read his blog and watch videos he posted. He seems like a good guy (plus, he's kind of cute!). Shay's Facebook.
- Ethan from Something Blue: I read this book last year so I don't remember much about why I liked Ethan but he is incredibly patient (somehow he managed to put up with Darcy), and he currently lives in England.
- Sam from Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls): I haven't read Linger yet so my opinion could change but so far I love Sam. He loves reading (even worked in a bookstore one summer) and comes up with little songs about Grace.
- Edward from The Twilight Saga: Don't hate! I know most people over the age of 16 hate him. But when I read Twilight I liked how how he acted chivalrous and like a gentleman.
Next week's topic: In the spirit of Halloween, Tahleen will be sharing her top ten scariest books!
Oooh, excellent choices! Marcus is definitely my fictional character "crush to end all crushes," and he just gets hotter as McCafferty's series progresses! I love Gale and Ethan, too, and Oskar is brilliant.ReplyDelete
I still love Edward!! That sparkle vamp initiated a massive slew of literary crushes to follow, so I must at leave show him heaps of love for that alone. Love this feature, btw. And I love sappy Sam, too :)ReplyDelete
So glad I'm not the only adult who broke down and added Edward!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the list!
I must read some Sarah Dessen! I considered adding Sam from Shiver, too, but decided against it at the last moment. Good list.ReplyDelete
Some of your picks have definitely made my 'lust' list when reading the book but they just haven't stood the test of time.ReplyDelete
I really must read some Sarah Dessen also!
I was really tempted to put Edward on mine as well! I'm over the age of 16 (25 to be exact) and I think of doing unspeakable things to him :)ReplyDelete
This was a hard one for me...I don't seem to collect crushes...ReplyDelete
I also have Edward on my list. Haha. I guess he can be considered a guilty pleasure!ReplyDelete
Sorry I haven't read most of the books on your list. I won't hate on Edward. He definitely has a knight in shining armour (or skin) quality. Plus, he is awefully dreamy.ReplyDelete
It's my first time participating in your Top Ten Tuesday. It was a hard question but I managed! Everyone seems to be Edward fans; I'm going to have to go against the majority on this one and say Jacob!ReplyDelete
Carmel from Rabid Reads
Great list! Mine is sort of similar, but I threw in some other favs too :-)ReplyDelete
I couldn't help participating in this one...ReplyDelete
Po from Graceling. No one else even comes close!ReplyDelete
Great Choices! Though I prefer Peeta....ReplyDelete
Don't worry... Edward would be on my list too!!! I'm not sure if I'm going to participate in this weeks list.. I'm not sure if I have enough fictional crushes! We'll see though!! Great list!ReplyDelete
I'm totally with you on Oskar. He made me laugh out loud so many times, especially when he told that older lady, "I think we should kiss."ReplyDelete
I have a lot of your crushes on my TBR pile haha! I really need to start reading faster!ReplyDelete
Poor Edward...he gets such a bad rap these days
I rarely do memes but I just couldn't resist this one. Thanks for hosting.ReplyDelete
I really liked Edward at first, but the 3rd and 4th book in the series were a bit of a turn off.ReplyDelete
Gale was my favourite of the series first, but then I started liking Peeta better and now neither of them made my list somehow.
I think I should start reading Sarah Dessen if her boys are so swoonworthy! :)
I was in love with Edward when I read Twilight. He was just such a gentleman. And then he became a weirdo creeper. lol He made my list though.ReplyDelete
I realized I don't read many books with swoon-worthy babes in them.
Wes! I almost forgot about Wes! Yes, he's a definite runner-up for me. I loooved answering this question.ReplyDelete
I completely forgot about Marcus from the McCafferty series!ReplyDelete
Ah, you're Team Gale, aren't you? I am SO Team Peeta, oh my gosh :DReplyDelete
Loved this week's Top 10!
Fantastic list! I agree about Wes, Dexter, Sam, and Edward. Awesome!ReplyDelete
Yay! I found TEN!!! (yay) ;")ReplyDelete
I'm not familiar with most of those! I agree with Gale, but not with Edward. Ew. Stalker.ReplyDelete
I did a similar post like this a while ago. I may have to revisit it and see if anything has changed.
Can't say I've heard of most of these choices, but the Hunger Games & Edward from Twilight seem to be popular for this week's top 10 meme.ReplyDelete
Here's my Top 10. Cheers!
Aw, Roger sounds cute! I've heard some good things about that book, I should really read it!ReplyDelete
Ten can be a hard number! :)ReplyDelete
Great post! Egad though..I've only had first hand reading experience with the last choice...Edward! Oh, and no worries on the "don't hate"...me? Um, yeah...I'm definitely over 16 and can I just say...TEAM EDWARD RULES! *ahem* ^_^ I'd probably add on to this list....Patch from Hush Hush ("bad boy" choice) and Julian from THE FORBIDDEN GAME series. Happy reading!ReplyDelete
NOT EASY. I came up with four (two of which are from TV) and a long discourse on why it wasn't easy. FAIL.ReplyDelete
This one was really hard. I have so many fictional crushes it is kind of pathetic but I got it down to 9 there were too many others to pick a number 10.ReplyDelete
I can't agree more with Gale. I just started the Hunger Games Trilogy, so I don't think I got to know him that well as a character, but from Katniss's eyes he is completely amazing.ReplyDelete
I liked Sam as well, but I really didn't care for Shiver very much. I am Kind of ify about reading Linger as well...
@ The Broke and the Bookish,ReplyDelete
*sigh* Sam would've been eleventh on my list. Too bad we can't do the top 20.
What a fun list! I haven't read any of these, though Roger and Amy's Epic Detour is on my shelf - I meant to read it during our road trip this summer but didn't get to it. Now you've given me extra incentive.ReplyDelete
I'm sure I've had some literary crushes but none come to mind at the moment...
Yes yes yes yes YES! I loooved Wes, Sam, Gale, Dexter and Shay! I was big on Team Edward at first, but I've become a wolf girl now hehe =)ReplyDelete
Certainly no hatin' coming from me...Edward made my list too :):) This is the funnest meme!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for participating everyone! I had lots of fun making my list! :)ReplyDelete
First time visiting and on the TTT. Im a Edward fan of course :). Im a new follower.ReplyDelete
loved this weeks list! the only character I knew on this one was Edward lolReplyDelete
Most of your choices I have yet to read the books except for Edward of course. I went the wolfy way on that. Also Sam probably would made it close on my list. he just seems to have to boyish quality to him. Anyway loved the list question.ReplyDelete
Mmmm. Love your list. Edward has probably been my most all-consuming, embarrassing literary crush. He is just so... manly and gentle, yet powerful. Yum :)ReplyDelete
I love this! For those of us who've been reading from a young age there are so many...ReplyDelete
1.Frederick Wentworth from Persuasion (love that swoony letter he sends her)
2.Tea Cake from Their Eyes Were Watching God (best love story ever)
3.Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre (no-brainer, right?)
4.Algernon from The Importance of Being Earnest (what a scamp!) 5.Viola from Twelfth Night or What You Will ( "my father had a daughter loved a man..." enough said)
6.Jaimy from Bloody Jack (so sweet)
7.Brisbane from Silent in the Grave (so irascible!)
8.Emerson from the Amelia Peabody series (he wins a place for pure comedic relief, a deftly satiric portrait of a romantic hero)
9. George from the Alanna series by Tamora Pierce (who can resist a rogue?)
10. Holgrave from The House of 7 Gables (yeah, he's quite the angry young man, but we've all had a crush on one of these at some point, right?)
This Top Ten was so fun that I have done it with late, about tv crushes :)ReplyDelete
Chose this topic today even if it's done already, I love it !!ReplyDelete
I also chose to do this theme today since I couldn't think of a "literary family" ;)ReplyDelete
Love the weekly Top 10 Tuesdays!!
Gilbert Blythe, Anne of Green Gables; if he were real my heart would stop in a second. He'd make such a good boyfriend!ReplyDelete
Wow we had a lot of the same guys! My list would have:ReplyDelete
(in no particular order)
Finnick Odair(catching fire)
Joe Fountaine(the sky is everywhere)
Roger(Amy and Roger's epic detour)
Percy Jackson(Percy Jackson. No I don't care if he is twelve.)
Jem Carstairs(Infernal Devices)
Gabriel Wolfe(Dark Visions)
And there are many, many more but the rest of my books are in boxes so I can't look at the title and remember who I loved in the book. Sorry! :p
I will put 'Twilight Saga' as my favorite one.ReplyDelete
ALL OF THE MALE LEADS OF MELINA MARCHETTA BOOKS.ReplyDelete