For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
Hello, all! Julia here. I just got back from a lovely trip to Hawai'i and surprisingly didn't have a lot of time to sit on the beach and read. I guess if you fly all the way to those islands, it's not a place where you can just sit around, but instead you must take in the sites! So I am planning at some point to head east this time for an actual "sit on the beach and read" vacation. Here are the books I am going to bring along (nook style). And if these don't interest you, we have done this topic three other times! So check out our combined list from 2013, Jen's list from 2012, and Jamie's list from 2011!
Top Ten Books that I Plan to Have in my Beach Bags this Summer
1. The Lotus Palace by Jeannie Lin - I've read a short story by Ms Lin and I have really wanted to visit a full length book. I picked this ebook up on sale a year or so ago and would love to check it out. Historical Romance not set in England? I'll take it!
2. Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson - I am a sucker for a good fairy tale retelling. I don't know if Robin Hood is considered a fairy tale or not, but all the same this is right up my alley. I think revisiting some familiar characters with a twist is just what a beach trip needs!
3. Between the Devil and Ian Eversea by Julie Anne Long- Speaking of revisiting characters, I am woefully behind in the Pennyroyal Green Series! What better time to catch up than on the beach? Plus the book we have all been waiting for, Olivia and Lyon's story, comes out in the fall!
4. The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley - Another book that has been on my TBR for years. Time travel love story? Sign me up! Plus the cover is gorgeous so I would look all cool reading this in the sand.
5. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - This one hasn't just been sitting on my ereader forever, but was recommended to me as part of The Slumplist. Definitely something I'd want to take!
6. A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis by Jillian Stone - I read the first in this series ages ago and would love to continue reading. A detective love story would be great with the waves as my background music.
7. Spy's Honor by Amy Raby - For these next few you'll notice a theme. Usually romance, usually second or something in a series. I just adore romance novels and eat them up in a beach setting. This one was the second in a series about an assassin in a fantasy world.
8. Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook - Remember the Iron Duke that I mentioned last week in my TTT? Well this is book two. I've been meaning to read it for literally two or three years now. I must make this happen! The first was so good!
9. Daughters of Rome by Kate Quinn - This one isn't romance but historical fiction. 69AD and the world is falling apart around them. How do these two women make a mark on history or just live their lives?
10. Crown of Midnight by Sarah Maas - Same story, different line. Second in a series, haven't read it yet, but I want to. Beach = free time. So let's do this.
What about you guys? What books are you looking forward or enjoy reading with the sand in between your toes? Link up below!