For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
This week's topic is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors
If you follow my personal book blog, The Perpetual Page-Turner, you'd probably be able to make this list FOR ME because I talk about these authors a lot. But let's do this anyways....my all time favorite YA authors....because I could NOT narrow down between YA and Adult fic authors.
1. Gayle Forman: Gayle Forman is at the very tip top of my all time favorites list. Her books make me FEEL everything. They make me think. I fall in love with her characters. Just One Day quite literally changed my life. (Check out If I Stay/Where She Went, Just One Day/Just One Year, I Was Here)
2. Stephanie Perkins: Steph's books have the perfect amount of sweet/fluffy with depth. Her romances make me swoon. Her characters will never leave me! They just put a smile on my face. (Check out Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happily Ever After).
3. Morgan Matson: Morgan's books deserve to be bestsellers! They are exactly what I look for in contemporary YA and I just need her to write them faster for me...I AM SELFISH OKAY. I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE FACT I WANT TO READ MORE FROM HER. (Check out Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, Since You've Been Gone)
4. Jessi Kirby: Jessi Kirby is one of the most underrated of my favorite authors! Like I cannot even FATHOM why her books are not more popular. I've read and loved all 3 that are out and, as I'm writing this, I'm getting read to start her latest which is out today (Things We Know By Heart)!! (Check out Moonglass, In Honor, Golden).
5. Laurie Halse Anderson: Laurie Halse Anderson is a staple in YA and for very good reasons. Her books are the type of books that will be classics. (Check out Speak, The Impossible Knife Of Memory, Wintergirls, Fever 1793)
6. Sarah J. Maas: The author who I have to thank for my fantasy obsession in the past year!! I had read a few fantasy novels before I read her Throne of Glass series but nothing stuck like this did. It was almost like falling in love with reading all over again. To discover a new genre I want to get lost in. It reminded me of how I felt getting absorbed into the Little House series as a kid -- just pure joy and love for reading. Not only is her Throne of Glass series amazing but OMG her upcoming (A Court of Thorns and Roses) is AMAZING.
7. Melina Marchetta: HER BOOKS ARE EVERYTHING. They are smart and awesome and just EVERYTHING I want in books -- contemporary and fantasy! (Check out Jellicoe Road, Saving Francesca, The Piper's Son, Finnikin of the Rock)
8. Rainbow Rowell: I'm a fan of whatever Rainbow writes -- whether it be her adult fiction or YA fiction! I love that they are all SO different! (Check out Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, Landline, Attachments)
9. Emery Lord: Emery is a new addition to this list but her two contemporary YA titles are SO MUCH GOODNESS.(Check out Open Road Summer and The Start of Me & You)
10. David Levithan: I am in love with how David writes and how every book is something different to me. (Every Day, Two Boys Kissing, The Lover's Dictionary, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares)
Sarah J Maas YES!!!!ReplyDelete
Rainbow Rowell made my list! She is amazing! I need to check out a few of the other authors on your list. :)ReplyDelete
I just finished Saving Francesca and The Piper's Son (I've previously read Jellicoe Road). I'm an American living in Sydney, and I think Melina Marchetta captured these characters so well. I want a follow up book from all of them!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for this list,I've been looking for more YA authors to read for a while. Love Morgan Matson and Rainbow Rowell already and I keep eyeing up Gayle Forman in the library,going to check some out now!ReplyDelete
Great list! I'll have to take a peek on Goodreads at some of the authors/books you've mentioned. Sounds great!ReplyDelete
I just read my first Melina Marchetta, Looking for Alibrandi. Loved it!ReplyDelete
Love lots of the authors on your list! Rainbow Rowell made mine too - Will have to check out the ones I haven't gotten too yet.ReplyDelete
Sarah J.Mass is making a lot of lists today!Which isn't surprising at all:)ReplyDelete
I really love Rainbow Rowell's unique concepts and writing.I am planning to read her Landline soon.
Here's my list
So agreed on Rainbow Rowell and David Levithan! I have some books by both to get round to. I'm not as wowed by Sarah J. Maas as everyone else... I feel bad.ReplyDelete
I loved Speak and loved your list.ReplyDelete
Wow...what a linkup list.ReplyDelete
I have to try this. I might later, but I don't read YA. Can I put other authors?
Yeah, the topic was top ten favorite authors of all time! I just narrowed it down to YA -- you could do whatever you want!Delete
I just read Throne of Glass last month and can't believe I waited so long!!! Loved it :)ReplyDelete
This is going to sound really bad....I own all of Rainbow Rowell's books but I haven't read any of them yet. Which one should I start with?
Yes, Just One Day is incredible and definitely one of my favorite contemporary books of all time. MORGAN MATSON. YES. She made my list too. Since You've Been Gone was amazing and just what I needed at the time. I felt like it really was specking directly to me. And Sarah J. Maas is queen. Once I read Throne of Glass, I became obsessed with fantasy. There is now no turning back. Thank you, Sarah J Maas.ReplyDelete
You have a really strong list of authors here! I should have put Sarah J. Maas on my list!ReplyDelete
I TOTALLY have SJM on my list as well, that woman is a GODDESS ♥ReplyDelete
I have only read a few of these authors books, but several are on my TBR list.. that never ends ;) I'll have to move them up to the top :)ReplyDelete
Great list Jamie; awesome to see Morgan Matson there!ReplyDelete
Nice list! I love Rainbow Rowell and Laurie Halse Anderson as well. JELLICOE ROAD is an outstanding book!ReplyDelete
I forgot Laurie Halse Anderson! Of course I ran out of spots pretty quick!ReplyDelete
Rainbow Rowell made my list, too. Her books are amazing.ReplyDelete
Aj @ Read All The Things!
Yes Sarah J. Maas! I'm so excited for A Court of Thorns & Roses!ReplyDelete
Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com
Great list!! Stephanie Perkins and Rainbow Rowell both made my list as well. David Levithan could have made my list as well. Sarah Maas is one that is still on my TBR list. I just picked up the first book in her Throne of Glass series and hope to get to it soon.ReplyDelete
Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-authors.html
Such a great list! Sarah J Maas is my all time favourite author (as ToG is my favourite series and ACOTAR is devine), and Stephanie Perkins and Melina Marchetta also made my list.ReplyDelete
My TTT: http://afairytalereader.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-all-time-favourite.html
Many known names you've got there! Levithan did make it to the 11th place on my list, and marchetta is my second ... I just looove her books. You got me really interested in that Jessi Kirby, i totally need to check her books out! And I really have to start reading Anna and the french kiss, everbody seems to love it, doesn't they?!ReplyDelete
Here is my list, which is much different from most on here:ReplyDelete
Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
Margaret Wander Bonanno
Keith R.A. DeCandido
Loooove Stephanie Perkins and Gayle Forman!ReplyDelete