To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the future topics, click here!
This week was all about character names -- top ten character names I LOVE or top ten most unusual character names! Feel free to come up with your own twist on the character names if this doesn't work exactly for you!
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games: I can't help but want to call her catnip. SORRY K!
2. Renesmee from Breaking Dawn: Look, I understand wanting to honor people in your life by maybe naming your child after them but you can't just smoosh 2 names together! STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN. It's awkward to say and no me gusta.
3. Echo from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: I don't think I've ever heard of anybody named Echo!
4. Cassia from Matched by Ally Condie
5. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
6. Coraline from Coraline by Neil Gaiman. He actually talks about how it originally came from a misspelling. And there is a running joke in the book where people keep calling her Caroline.
Julia says:7. Pretty much any Kathleen E. Woodiwiss heroine. Here is a list for you of the ones I find strange, and you can judge for yourself: Erienne, Shanna, Lierin, Cerynise, Abrielle, Synnovea, Raelynn, and Shemaine.
8. Rhine from The Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano. It's just an odd name but it really fit with the book.
10. Kvothe from The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss: I know there's pronunciation guide somewhere on the internet, but I still can't manage to wrap my head around it.
Have any unusual names that could top ours?? Do you have any of these on your list if you chose to do this particular topic?