For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! WELCOME 2013!
Hey everyone! Happy New Year to you and yours. May the troubles of 2012 stay in 2012, and may 2013 bring you great prosperity and good tidings. That said, 2012 saw an exponential growth in my TBR pile. My To-Read shelf is now greater than my read shelf... and over 500 books high. Good thing it's digital. I recently did a list of my books that I will be reading for the 2013 TBR challenge. I may repeat some of them, but there are definitely other books that I want to include in my 2013 resolution. Let's get to them shall we?
Julia's Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2013
- A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin I am trudging through A Feast for Crows now, but this is seriously my first goal of 2013, reading wise anyway. I need to read both of these huge books AND watch season one and two of Game of Thrones, before March. Can it be done? Absolutely! I just need to stop reading Christmas themed romance novels and get back to Crows...
- Heart of Steel and Riveted by Meljean Brooks I read The Iron Duke back in like March or something, and it was awesome. People who like the sexytimes and some amazingly built Steampunk world, read this! I've heard that Riveted is amazing, but to get there I need to read Heart of Steel, too.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth This one made it on my challenge list. Oh, Divergent. I have been trying to read you since you came out. I actually have this one as an eBook, so there is no excuses!
- How the Marquess Was Won and A Notorious Countess Confesses by Julie Anne Long Another series I am trying to catch up on. I am only two behind now, with the next release sometime in summer of next year (maybe?). It's a hit and miss series for me. The last one was a hit, so hopefully these two will match that and not some of the others.
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card I MUST READ THIS! Especially before the movie comes out. Maybe that is in the summer? I don't know, but I actually own this one as well, so it must be done!
- Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines This book sounds like my dream come true. Apparently from what I heard it contains elements of being able to reach into the story, take out an item (like for instance "The One Ring") and the put it back when you are done with it. Are you kidding me!? If I had a genie wish it would be to jump into books; taking things out of book is a close second.
- Heartless and Timeless by Gail Carriger Tragically, I fell off the bandwagon where this series is concerned. Too many books, too little time. I really enjoyed Soulless, but unfortunately can't remember much of the other two. So I need to give these another go.
- What Alice Knew by Paula Marantz Cohen This book intrigues me to know end. I saw it at the airport one day and bought it when it was on sale in an eBook. Must read it!
- I Love It When You Talk Retro: Hoochie Coochie, Double Whammy, Drop a Dime, and the Forgotten Origins of American Speech by Ralph Keyes I have been searching for a good origin of English idioms for quite some time (not hard mind you, but searching). This book seems like an amazing factoid book that I must buy!
- All of the eBooks that I buy when they are 99c. I seriously have such a problem with that. Especially this month. With agency pricing going to way of the dodo, some of the sales have been awesomely amazing as my pocket book can tell you. Unfortunately I have not read too many of them... hence the encompass all of number 10.
Seriously this list can be called the "Julia catches up with her serieses" or "Julia reads all the books she buys" Let's be real here... that second one is a long shot.
Anyway what does your list like? Link up below and peruse everyone else's lists as you recover from New Years Eve :)
Bring it on, 2013!!