Kimberly's Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines
Future TTT Topics can be found here
- Yelena Zaltana (Poison Study Trilogy)- This girl... Don't mess with her. She is a powerful magician, lethal with the staff she carries. She is smart and her tongue is as sharp as the rest of her. If she doesn't beat you senseless with magic or her staff, she'll tear you to pieces with words alone.
- Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)- Anyone who has seen the movie or read the books knows how tough she is. She is deadly with a bow and arrow. Don't ever threaten someone she cares about,she will NOT forget it and neither will you. She started a rebellion and became the symbol of that rebellion to all of the people.
- Raisa ana'Marianna- (Seven Realms)- Oh my goodness. I just was introduced to this series a few months back, during the summer. AMAZING series, I'm less than a hundred pages from the end of the last book! Anyway, Raisa. She is tough. She is smart, snarky, sarcastic and could take a full grown man down, despite being built small. I can't say a lot without spoiler a lot of the series so I'll be vague. From the beginning of the series she is strong, but she only grows stronger and more... Well... kick-ass as the series continues.
- Cinder (Lunar Chronicles)- She's a cyborg. And totally awesome. She is handy with anything mechanical, smart and strong.
- Ismae (Grave Mercy-His Fair Assassin)- When her story starts off, she is already strong willed. She doesn't quite have the physical strength to match. Yet. As the story continues however, she becomes a force to be reckoned with.
- Tris (Divergent)- Another character that starts off strong willed, but a little afraid and doesn't really have the physical strength. That soon changes however. She chooses the most difficult faction and instead of letting those that are bigger than her bully her, she fights back.
- Vin (Mistborn)- She is small, not all that confident in herself, and doesn't really have much ambition. At least when you first meet her. After she meets a group of rather amazing people, she learns more of who, and what she is and becomes amazing. Strong, fast, with a quick mind
- Sabriel/Lirael-(Abhorson)- So I cheated with this one. I can't choose between the two of them, and they're from the same trilogy... Both of them are no nonsense, does whatever she can do to fight and do the right thing. They're both tough, but don't seem to realize how strong they actually are. They're so busy keeping others safe, or doing what they're supposed to do that they don't stop long enough to realize what they are doing is actually pretty incredible.
- Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)- Can anyone really make a list of heroines and not include Hermione? She is the smartest witch of her age, stands up to the strongest of foes and doesn't even falter when one of the people *cough Ron cough* walks away. She, along with her two best friends, helps to save everyone.
- Nita/ Dairine Callahan (Young Wizards)- I cheated again, but they're sisters! Both of them are tough as nails. They're young, 13 and 11 as their story starts out but there are a few things that set them apart. They're smart. Really smart. They're both wizards, with stronger powers than most. They come up against some of the most frighting foes, one in particular, and every time they come out on top.
I almost feel like I don't do these incredible characters justice. It's just so hard to describe them without any spoilers! Who are your favorite heroines? Are any of yours on my list? Is there a character that isn't on this list that I need to know about so I can read the book? Let me know!