Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Future topics can be found here.
I. LOVE. THE. BEACH.
The ocean, the waves, the salty air and cool sea breeze. Even the annoying seagulls who try to steal your food. Going to the beach is an entire experience. I love everything from picking the perfect spot to spread out your towel to frantically trying to brush off all the sand on your legs/feet before getting into the car to go home. Luckily, there are many beaches near me. Unfortunately, I have things like work which prevent me from going as much as I'd like! But while at the beach having a book to read is a necessity, it's just as important as having a bottle of sunscreen!
Jen's Top Ten Books She'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
- Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen: Really, any of Sarah Dessen's books are perfect beach reading. Especially since most of them (if not all? I can't remember) take place in a beach town.
- Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler: The beach is not a place to read about a difficult topic or to read a book that will make you cry. A humorous pick is definitely the way to go!
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: A quick, classic read. I try to read at least once classic each summer. It reminds me of those dreaded summer reading lists in high school (which I secretly loved).
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano: You'll probably end up with a sunburn if you read this at the beach. You'll be so wrapped up in the story that you'll forget to reapply sunscreen!
- MFW Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search For A New Best Friend by Rachel Bertsche: Okay, so I haven't read this book yet (still on the library wait list) but just from reading the summary it seems like a great book for the beach!
- The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen: Just an all around cute, fun read!
- Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: The opportunity to go on a road trip without leaving the comfort of your favorite beach towel and view of the ocean.
- In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez: Assigned summer reading one year in high school. For some reason I distinctly remember bringing this book to the beach with me!
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson: Who knows, maybe you'll find some sort of treasure on the beach! You could strike gold just by making a sand castle!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Does this book even need a reasoning?
What are you top ten books you'd recommend as good beach (or poolside) reads? I'll definitely need some new reading material for the summer!