Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books I Feel As Though
Everyone Has Read But Me
- Anna and the French Kiss: LIES. I can't technically can't put this on here as I just started reading it a few hours ago, but I did go quite a long time hearing everyone else gush about it. I felt left out! (I also now know why there was so much gushing).
- The Hunger Games: Nowadays, this is almost as bad as saying I've never read Harry Potter (which I have!).
- The Catcher in the Rye: What's the only high school in the United States of America that never assigned this book to it's students? Mine.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Okay, I've truthfully never read this book because I can never find a synopsis that makes sense to me...I may need to just bite the bullet and go for it. I know Jamie loves it.
- The Great Gatsby: Again - what's the only high school in the United States of America that never assigned this book to it's students? Mine. I feel so intellectually deficient.
- A Clockwork Orange: Ditto to the above. This is getting sad.
- Water for Elephants: This book has been out so long it even has a movie yet I still haven't read it. I've heard nothing but rave reviews for it...I blame the library for never having a copy when I want it.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: I attempted to watch the movie in Swedish with no subtitles, but for some reason that didn't work out. I feel as if this would be a great series to get into.
- Lolita: I need to know how creepy it is.
- Twilight: Okayyyyyyy, I technically read most of the first book, but never continued after that. Even though I'm not at all motivated to read the rest of the books, I still feel weird with everyone talking about them and the new movies.
Check here for future topics!!