Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
I originally wanted to name this top ten the top ten female characters I'd like to bitch slap...but I didn't want to offend anyone. But,I'm going to go with it for my post,and in a few weeks when we tackle our ten biggest jerks in literature..I'm going to, either on my personal blog or here, refer to them as the top ten guys I'd like to ninja kick in the balls.:P
1. Caroline Bingley from Pride and Prejudice-- I could pretty much just end this Top Ten Tuesday with this one right here! Ugh, I'd love to slap this snotty, meddling little wench to Mars. I mean, she truly is just one bitchy character. Queen bee of all the mean girls. Always dogging Elizabeth all the time! PSH.
2. Nellie from Little House on the Prairie -- These were my favorite books as a child and as a young child I felt the urge to slap this girl. Such an annoying rich brat that felt the need to be a big bully all the time!
3. Amanda from Anna and the French Kiss -- UGH. I hate this girl. That scene in the bathroom made me want to punt her off the Eiffel Tower. Just leave Anna alone...because she freaking rocks!!
4. All the snotty 12 year olds in The Clique --- You are 12. Get over yourselves ladies. Nothing more slappable than unbearably vapid children trying to be women.
5. Sam from Before I Fall -- I just started this one recently and I freaking want to punch her. I haaaate girls like this. However, I'm hoping (and I might have heard rumors) that she redeems herself in the end? Please?
6. Blair from Gossip Girl -- Seriously, I kinda love her...but she really is a mean girl. The show is more fresh in my mind but she's done some crazy bitchy things. She does redeem herself in a lot of ways but you can't deny her a place on the mean girl list.
7. Regina from Some Girls Are -- Total bitch....yet I found myself feeling sorry for her?!
Ok...so I'm a little short of 10...but I've been feeling ill so I hope you all can forgive me for not wanting to think anymore! :P
So you are some of the biggest bitches/mean girls you've encountered in books?
Click here to see next week's topic AND topics through June!!