Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND fill out Mr. Linky . I
If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!
This Top Ten Tuesday is set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books I love. Most of these books have been reviewed over at my personal blog if you want to check them out!
1) The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen: This was one of those books were I could just picture this as a movie reel in my mind. It would be so charming and wonderful and heartbreaking. It just really had the elements (for me) to see it as a movie. Ooh and this book came out today!!! :) You can read my review here.
2) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I seriously think this would be such a cute, fun movie. I want to see me some St. Clair tooo. And really..I can't get enough of movies set in Paris.
3) Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon: I could see this being a kickass fantasy movie. It had action to boot and some epic battle scenes that I would love to see played out.
4) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting: This would totally be a Veronica Mars mixed with Medium or Ghost Whisperer and it would be totally creepy.
5) Wither by Lauren DeStefano: I still haven't totally sold myself on this one as a movie but I keep seeing bits and pieces of it VIVIDLY in its movie form in my head so I felt I should add it. It would be so unique and interesting!
6) Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: I love me a good road trip movie!! And it would have the most fantastic soundtrack to go with it!
7) The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield: I loved this book something fierce and it would be a pretty interesting movie IMO. When I read it (a while ago) I had all these thoughts about who would be awesome if it was ever a movie..but now I can't remember at all. lol.
8) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer: I really loved the movie for Everything Is Illuminated (also by JSF) and I think this one could translate really well into a movie...IF you found the perfect Oskar!!
9) The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: I could see this as an awesome indie flick. In fact, I think that's the only way I'd want to see this movie done. I wouldn't want super well known actors.
10) Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum: I think this would be a very powerful movie set during WW2. I feel like I haven't seen a really excellent movie set during this time in a while and I think this book is definitely compelling enough to be a movie.
NEXT WEEK: Top Ten Tuesday Rewind -- Pick a past Top Ten Tuesday that we've done that you didn't get a chance to participate in. Look here for past topics.