- Panels discusses how to read comics on a budget which is a topic I've been mulling over as I've just gotten into comics over the past couple months. For right now I'm just getting trades from the library but I know I'm going to want to purchase some single issues especially with some new comics I'm eye-ing up right now or ones I plan to catch up with.
- Amazon plans to open up brick and mortar shops. INNNNTERESTING. I mean, I shop all over the place -- indies, chains and online with Amazon -- but I just feel weird about this considering Amazon killed so many indies. How do youuuu feel about this
- 100 books to read before they are movies. Get crackin' on these!
- I'm so impressed with this little girl and inspired by her honestly. Love her #1000BlackGirlBooks project!!
- McDonalds is going to experiment with putting books as the happy meal prize? Not that my mom really took us there that much as kids but DAMN I would have loved this so much more than half the crap I got in Happy meals back in the 80's and early 90's. Not a big fast food fan but I'm interested to see how this will be received!
- There is a children's book about Donald Trump's hair. BAHAHAHAH.
- Author Marissa Meyers (love her Lunar Chronicles series from the two books I've read thus far) is writing graphic novels set in the same world as The Lunar Chronicles!!!
- Leonardo DiCaprio is set to produce an adaptation of a post-apocalyptic book I've never heard of....and that has zero info on Goodreads. Throw me a bone here.
- Interesting survey about publishing. And the results are in....publishing is very white. Surprising and shocking to probably not many people who are paying attention to the diversity in publishing convo happening online.
- 15 Life Lessons Anne of Green Gables Has Taught Us --- oh this list makes me want to revisit these books!!
- If the Hot Dudes Reading instagram makes you drool, prepare your fainting couch because it's coming to you in coffee table book form. You think my husband would think it's weird if this ends up on our coffee table? Ehhh he probably wouldn't even notice it because he's numb to books laying around everywhere that he just ignores them.
Let's discuss all the things. Also, am I missing anything of interest??
According to this Forbes article, Sandcastle Empire hasn't been published yet. http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/02/02/can-leonardo-dicaprio-save-the-young-adult-fantasy-movie-with-the-sandcastle-empire/#79563eec5612ReplyDelete
Yeah I figured as much. I feel like normally at least I've heard of a book deal or something (even a little summary) even when Hollywood grabs a movie rights well before it is published. So interesting! I'm wondering who is publishing it!Delete
Yes, it is odd that there's no mention of a book deal. I don't recall seeing anything about the book in Publishers Weekly. I'm definitely curious about it now.Delete
wow, I loved this whole list!! I would SOOOO love an Amazon bookstore, my god, I would live there!!(Not really- but I might be asked to leave..LOL) oh well, lots of other things to check out. Thanks for the list!!ReplyDelete
I like the concept of an Amazon physical store, but don't know how that would realistically work? Is it only going to be books? I shop on Amazon because of all the random things we need, but can't find locally (from fish food to piano lesson books). I don't know how an Amazon physical store would be able to carry even a tiny portion of what they offer online?ReplyDelete
I can understand feeling icky about Amazon, but one thing I love about the company is they don't play the stock market game. When they have excess cash on hand they don't raise stock prices artificially - they invest the money back into the company (which raises the value of the company for real over time).ReplyDelete
My theory on brick and mortar - they are working on a service called "Prime Now" for same day shipping. My guess is they'll work the brick and mortar stores into the supply chain network somehow.
OHMYGOD I'm so excited about the Marissa Meyer graphic novels! I definitely feel like so much more can be done with the world. I hate it when authors overuse a good idea, but this is a truly great one that can be spun in so many ways!!ReplyDelete
Books in HappyMeals have happened 3 or 4 times here in Denmark I believe, I'm shocked that it haven't happened in US yet.ReplyDelete
I basically avoid Amazon (Except for Goodreads, since they did purchase that!) at all costs. Bezos is scary. I'm convinced he wants to be the only publisher around. Yeah...after all the ways he has decreased profitability for everyone and every vendor he allows to sell on his site...and now he wants to open B&M bookstores? Really? Bah! I'll just not use those the same way I don't shop at Amazon!ReplyDelete
If MacDonalds is going to give books as a present in happy meal I think I'm gonna be fat!ReplyDelete