For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
It's freebie week and I was recently thinking about book to movie adaptions after seeing a preview for The Martian. I still need to read that book.
I am SO the person who tends to be adamant about reading the book before I watch the adaption though I think with the increasing number of adaptations I've gotten a LITTLE more lax. But I remember back in the day when Will and I were first dating (circa like 2006/2007) we'd walk around Blockbuster (RIP) and pick out movies to watch. He used to get SO frustrated because I'd always be like "Oh, we can't watch that because I still need to read the book" (one of 10 things my husband is sick of this bookworm saying).
I feel ashamed to admit but a lot of movies we've been wanting to watch for years? I still have not read the book. I would say I give in maybe 5% of the time meaning lots of movies we so want to watch have not been watched. I AM THE ABSOLUTE WORST. (TV shows I'm way more lax about if it's book to tv show).
Anyways, here are 10 book to movie adaptations I still need to watch -- some of these I totally did read the book for and some I haven't.
1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close -- I read this book back in 2008 and it became an all time favorite. So years later I hear the movie is going to be made and I was excited yet SUPER terrified. I'd say I was more terrified than anything because I STILL have not watched it.
2. Pride & Prejudice -- I've read this one a long time ago but have still yet to see a single adaptation. TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE ONE.
3. Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone: Sooo shhh but I've only read the first Harry Potter book (I DO plan to continue) but have yet to watch the first movie. My plan was to read the book then watch the corresponding movie but just hasn't happened. Perhaps it will be great for this Fall!
4. Coraline: I keep meaning to read this book but haven't and thus have not watched the movie but want to so badly!
5. Insurgent: Okay it hasn't been out long at all but considering how much I enjoyed Divergent (and staring at Theo James) I'm kind of shocked I haven't. I read Divergent and then saw the movie but have yet to read Insurgent so I didn't go out to see it right away. I'm still trying to decide if I'll read it based on lots of mixed opinions on the rest of the series so I've just stalled with watching it.
6. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: I really enjoyed this book but haven't seen either the Swedish or American adaptation still.
7. The Maze Runner: My sister begged me to see this with her and I was like OKAY BUT LET ME READ THE BOOK FIRST....and I never did.
8. It's Kind of A Funny Story: I keep planning on reading the book but never did so thus have not seen this.
9. Anna Karenina: I kept telling myself I would read this finally before the movie but never happened.
10. The Help: I have had this book on my shelf for forever and thus have not seen the movie still. WOMP WOMP.
BONUS #11 (seriously this list could have been like 30) -- Eat, Pray, Love -- I wanted to see this so bad after loving the book when it came out but STILL HAVEN'T.