For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
This week's topic is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors
If you follow my personal book blog, The Perpetual Page-Turner, you'd probably be able to make this list FOR ME because I talk about these authors a lot. But let's do this anyways....my all time favorite YA authors....because I could NOT narrow down between YA and Adult fic authors.
1. Gayle Forman: Gayle Forman is at the very tip top of my all time favorites list. Her books make me FEEL everything. They make me think. I fall in love with her characters. Just One Day quite literally changed my life. (Check out If I Stay/Where She Went, Just One Day/Just One Year, I Was Here)
2. Stephanie Perkins: Steph's books have the perfect amount of sweet/fluffy with depth. Her romances make me swoon. Her characters will never leave me! They just put a smile on my face. (Check out Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happily Ever After).
3. Morgan Matson: Morgan's books deserve to be bestsellers! They are exactly what I look for in contemporary YA and I just need her to write them faster for me...I AM SELFISH OKAY. I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE FACT I WANT TO READ MORE FROM HER. (Check out Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, Since You've Been Gone)
4. Jessi Kirby: Jessi Kirby is one of the most underrated of my favorite authors! Like I cannot even FATHOM why her books are not more popular. I've read and loved all 3 that are out and, as I'm writing this, I'm getting read to start her latest which is out today (Things We Know By Heart)!! (Check out Moonglass, In Honor, Golden).
5. Laurie Halse Anderson: Laurie Halse Anderson is a staple in YA and for very good reasons. Her books are the type of books that will be classics. (Check out Speak, The Impossible Knife Of Memory, Wintergirls, Fever 1793)
6. Sarah J. Maas: The author who I have to thank for my fantasy obsession in the past year!! I had read a few fantasy novels before I read her Throne of Glass series but nothing stuck like this did. It was almost like falling in love with reading all over again. To discover a new genre I want to get lost in. It reminded me of how I felt getting absorbed into the Little House series as a kid -- just pure joy and love for reading. Not only is her Throne of Glass series amazing but OMG her upcoming (A Court of Thorns and Roses) is AMAZING.
7. Melina Marchetta: HER BOOKS ARE EVERYTHING. They are smart and awesome and just EVERYTHING I want in books -- contemporary and fantasy! (Check out Jellicoe Road, Saving Francesca, The Piper's Son, Finnikin of the Rock)
8. Rainbow Rowell: I'm a fan of whatever Rainbow writes -- whether it be her adult fiction or YA fiction! I love that they are all SO different! (Check out Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, Landline, Attachments)
9. Emery Lord: Emery is a new addition to this list but her two contemporary YA titles are SO MUCH GOODNESS.(Check out Open Road Summer and The Start of Me & You)
10. David Levithan: I am in love with how David writes and how every book is something different to me. (Every Day, Two Boys Kissing, The Lover's Dictionary, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares)