Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to us on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers' lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Future topics can be found here.
Hi all! It's Jana, here with another lovely TTT post! It's freebie week, so I got to sit and think about all the things I could write about. I finally decided on doing a post inspired by a post I did back in December on my own blog (That Artsy Reader Girl) called Bookish Bad Habits. It spurred quite a discussion over there, and even inspired other bloggers to write about their own bookish habits! It was a lot of fun, and now that I've been blogging even longer, I've come across more wacky habits of mine that I thought you might get a kick out of reading.
1. I HAVE to finish a book, even if the process is grueling and terrible.
2. I can't read a book with the dust jacket on, because it slips out of my hands.
3. The books in a series always have to be the same format, and they have to sit in order on my shelf.
4. I can't quit reading unless I'm at a chapter break. However… the Kindle has killed me, because now I have to be at a chapter break AND a good percent number, like 10% or 35%. Quitting at 37% drives me nuts!
5. If I buy a book on Kindle that has a really pretty cover, I usually end up buying the actual book for my shelf. Unless I hated the book.
6. If a book has a really ugly cover, I'm less excited to post a review because then that image is on my BLOG.
7. I have WAY too many shelves/categories on Goodreads so I can organize my books. I'm serious. WAY too many.
8. I absolutely HAVE to read a book's back cover summary before reading it (even if I read it before I bought it) because I can't stand going into a book blind, with no idea about what's going to happen.
9. Even if I didn't like the book, or never plan to read it, I can't bring myself to get rid of it. It's painful!
10. I can't read library books. I just can't. Who knows where they have been? I am NOT taking them to bed with me. So germy!
So, do any of you share these with me? Are there any that I'm forgetting? I'm so excited to see what your creative minds have come up with for today's freebie topic! Make sure to link up, and I'll be around to see them!