Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time...just post what you can!
This week's topic is your Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes!!!
TOP TEN FAVORITE BOOK QUOTES
I must first say that this topic was actually a bit harder than expected. Not to actually FIND a total of ten book quotes that are my favorite, but that fact that I have so many book quotes copied down, it was hard to choose WHICH ten I wanted! I tried really hard to stay away from more than one quote per author, but that was definitely a fail! But, here is my top ten favorite book quotes (In no particular order)! ENJOY!
- "It's crazy isn't it? To love someone who hurts you. It's even crazier to hurt someone you love." -- Jodi Picoult, The 10th Circle
- "All good things come to those who wait." -- Fern Michaels, The Scoop
- "This is scaring the crap out of me. This is like where Dracula would live if he didn't have any money and was a crack head. I bet it's filled with rapid bats and killer snakes and hairy spiders as big as dinner plates." -- Janet Evanovich, Sizzling Sixteen
- "Isn't it amazing how, when you strip away everything, people are so much alike?" – Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes
- "Never get attached to a guy if there's a third party involved. The third party always wins. Because they have history on their side." -- Karen Kingsbury, Above the Line Series, Take Three
- "You know it's never fifty-fifty in a marriage. It's always seventy-thirty, or sixty-forty. Someone falls in love first. Someone puts someone else up on a pedestal. Someone works very hard to keep things rolling smoothly; someone else sails along for the ride." -- Jodi Picoult, Mercy
- "Metabolisms are evil, wicked, vile things." -- Johanna Edwards, The Next Big Thing
- "I, um, I have this problem. I broke up with my boyfriend, you see. And I'm pretty upset about it, so I wanted to talk to my best friend. The thing is, they're both you." -- Jodi Picoult, The Pact
- "How would you ever know happiness if you've never experience downs?" -- Cecilia Ahern, P.s. I Love You
- "When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through." -- Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
What are some of your favorite book quotes? Did you have any of the ones I listed, or have you read any of these books? Please join in, and don't worry if you can't think of ten! Just fill out Mr. Linky below and join!
NEXT WEEK THE TOPIC IS: TOP TEN FAVORITE COUPLES IN LITERATURE