Ever have one of those days where your brain is just NOT working? Yeah? That's been me for the past 4 months basically? In case you missed it on Twitter or my personal blog, I'm pregnant! Not going to lie, it's been ROUGH. The first 3 months had the most terrible morning sickness (my poor husband is a saint tbh and I don't know how we made it through to the other side but we did!) and I've barely blogged or been able to read. I'm feeling MUCH better now that I'm in the second trimester but the thing that has especially been plaguing me is that I feel like my brain has ZERO attention span or power to do anything -- such as reading OR coming up with a clever post for today's freebie.
So for today's freebie I'm just going to share with you the last 10 books that have come into my possession because I literally don't have to think to make that list, which is agreeable to my brain right now, AND I'm hoping maybe you will find some books to add to your TBR.
So let's get to it: the last 10 books that have made their way on my shelves
1. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord: Emery Lord is one of my ALL TIME favorite authors of YA contemporary (and just in general) and I'm always stoked for a new book from her. It's really fun, having been in this community blogging for 6.5 years, to read an author's debut when it's bran spankin new and then just see them really succeed book after book. I have honestly LOVED every book she's written and it's been a delight to follow her career. I have soooooooo much excitement and hope for this latest!
2. Nemesis by Brendan Reichs: "Orphan Black meets Lord of the Flies in this riveting new thriller from the co-author of the Virals series." I can't help it but I am an absolute sucker for any blurb that says Orphan Black even though I've been burned LOTS (most) of the time to comparisons of things I love.
3. Given To The Sea by Mindy McGinnis: I've read all of Mindy McGinnis's books and they are all SO SO different and wonderful. I believe she can write anything in any genre and I will read it which is why I'm definitely excited for her foray into fantasy!!
4. Confessions of A High School Disaster by Emma Chastain: I'm a sucker for YA books written as diaries a la Jessica Darling.
5. The Shadows We Know By Heart by Jennifer Park: I had never heard of this one before it showed up here but the cover was pretty so I looked it up and I started reading and it starts out sounding good (a girl whose family has been devastated by the grief from losing her brother) but then it mentions that Sasquatch is real and this girl has watched a trio of them behind her house? And there is a human boy who lives with them? I was ready to put it in my "no thank you" pile but then read a review on it that changed my mind to at least check it out.
6. The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr: I'm soooo hit or miss with amnesia/memory loss stories but I always seem to be intrigued by them and this one is no different!
7. Heartstone by Elle Katharine White: "A debut historical fantasy that recasts Jane Austen’s beloved Pride and Prejudice in an imaginative world of wyverns, dragons, and the warriors who fight alongside them against the monsters that threaten the kingdom: gryphons, direwolves, lamias, banshees, and lindworms." UM YES.
8. Hearts & Other Body Parts by Ira Bloom: I only know this is a monster book and I'm pretty excited about that as I haven't read MANY monster books.
9. At The Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson: The main character's boyfriend disappears and nobody seems to remember him except Ozzie. It's like he ceases to exist. Color me intrigued!
10. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour: I love Nina LaCour's books! She is writing some of the best contemporary YA and I'm just so excited for a new one!
Can't wait to see what topics you all come up with! If you think you have a great topic that could be a good one for our future topics for everyone to do (we would credit you and link to your post), leave it in the comments!