For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
October 18: Ten Characters I'd Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After -- we did this topic back in 2011 and thought it might be fun to revisit it...feel free to spin it how you need!
5 Characters We'd Name A Child After
1. Jonah: I would totally name a little boy Jonah after Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. My sporadic reminder to READ THIS BOOK!
2. Adelina: I really love this name and the character it came from -- Adelina from The Young Elites. She's SUCH a complicated character but I love her so much. I would probably change the name from Adelina to Adeline but I would definitely be inspired by Adelina.
3. Levi: I really love the name Levi and he was THE BEST in Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl.
4. Nehemia: I don't know that I would use this as a first name personally but Nehemia from the Throne of Glass series could definitely inspire a middle name for a future child. LOVE HER.
5. Molly: I have always loved the name Molly since the American Girls days but after reading Harry Potter (for the first time) at age 30 I fell in LOVE with Mrs. Weasley and I waxed poetic about her here. She is worthy of naming a child after.
5 Characters We'd Name A Pet After
1. Finnikin: Well, I DID name my dog Finnikin (Finn for short) after a character from one of my all time favorite series (The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta).
2. Betsy: In one of my favorite books (Lola & the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins) the family dog's name is Heavens to Betsy. I so would name a dog Betsy in honor of Heavens to Betsy.
3. Cordelia (Anne of Green Gables): I've already done this! Nearly gave my aunt a heart attack. I told her she had a new grand niece... 4 months after getting married. She was happy to learn that I wasn't pregnant, and even better, giving the name to a dog and not a human baby.
4. I'd name my dog Remus or Sirius from Harry Potter. I just love them but I would never stick a child with that name.
5. Arya: My friend's dog whom is like the closest I've actually had to a dog is named Arya after the character on GoT. I always tell her that she is named after the fierce warrior especially when she gets scared when we are on a walk by a leaf...
What about you guys??
Remus, Sirius and Arya - LOVE those. Great names for dogs, particularly Remus and Sirius.ReplyDelete
I totally forgot about Heavens to Betsy! All of our pets are named after bookish characters. Great picks, ya'll.ReplyDelete
My 3 year old's name if Finn (short for Finnian). He gets called Finnikin a lot. <3ReplyDelete
OOoh nice names!! I like these!ReplyDelete
Here's my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Finnikin sounds like such a fun name for a dog! Arya is lovely for a little girl.ReplyDelete
Omg those picks are perfect! Why didn't I think of Jonah or Levi or Adelina?! Love them.ReplyDelete
I love the name Arya!ReplyDelete
How to Get Your Ex wife/husband Back..My wife and I have been married for 4 years almost 5 on November 11th. She recently told me she wasn't in love with me that she loved me more like a friend. She said she wants a divorce that she has been unhappy fora year now. I've been not so good as far as making promises and not keeping them but I have been trying to change and it doesn't seem to work. I love my wife to death and I took my vowels very seriously. I asked her to go to marriage counciling and she said no.we have 3 kids. We agreed to a 2 month break and try to work things out after that. Some of the problems we face are not having or own place to live and may be debt pile up. I really want things to work. The hurt that I feel is killing me and I’m to the point where I don’t eat and rarely drink anything.one day i was online and there was one particular testimony I saw, it was about a woman called Sonia ,she testified about how Dr.Unity brought back her Ex lover in less than 24 hours and at the end of her testimony she drop Dr.Unity e-mail address. After reading all these,I decided to give Dr.Unity a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problems to him. In just 23 hours, my wife came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before.Dr.Unity is really a talented and gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man…If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve that problem for you. Try the great Dr.Unity today, he will be the answer to your problems. Here’s his contact:ReplyDelete
Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com .
Call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 .
His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .
Tom Irwin, Manchester, United Kingdom.