For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
October 18: Ten Characters I'd Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After -- we did this topic back in 2011 and thought it might be fun to revisit it...feel free to spin it how you need!
5 Characters We'd Name A Child After
1. Jonah: I would totally name a little boy Jonah after Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. My sporadic reminder to READ THIS BOOK!
2. Adelina: I really love this name and the character it came from -- Adelina from The Young Elites. She's SUCH a complicated character but I love her so much. I would probably change the name from Adelina to Adeline but I would definitely be inspired by Adelina.
3. Levi: I really love the name Levi and he was THE BEST in Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl.
4. Nehemia: I don't know that I would use this as a first name personally but Nehemia from the Throne of Glass series could definitely inspire a middle name for a future child. LOVE HER.
5. Molly: I have always loved the name Molly since the American Girls days but after reading Harry Potter (for the first time) at age 30 I fell in LOVE with Mrs. Weasley and I waxed poetic about her here. She is worthy of naming a child after.
5 Characters We'd Name A Pet After
1. Finnikin: Well, I DID name my dog Finnikin (Finn for short) after a character from one of my all time favorite series (The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta).
2. Betsy: In one of my favorite books (Lola & the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins) the family dog's name is Heavens to Betsy. I so would name a dog Betsy in honor of Heavens to Betsy.
3. Cordelia (Anne of Green Gables): I've already done this! Nearly gave my aunt a heart attack. I told her she had a new grand niece... 4 months after getting married. She was happy to learn that I wasn't pregnant, and even better, giving the name to a dog and not a human baby.
4. I'd name my dog Remus or Sirius from Harry Potter. I just love them but I would never stick a child with that name.
5. Arya: My friend's dog whom is like the closest I've actually had to a dog is named Arya after the character on GoT. I always tell her that she is named after the fierce warrior especially when she gets scared when we are on a walk by a leaf...
What about you guys??