Hello everyone!!! Can you believe it?? SIXTH SECRET SANTA. We've had such a great time hosting this over the past 5 years and are SO ready for year 6 after last year which was a record year with 300+ participants.
Please only sign up if you are truly interested and are committed to sending off a package (on time). No seriously, stop and think before you sign up. Can you commit to this? We have only had a few problems in the past 5 years but I'd like to not have to spend my time chasing people down -- seriously. It's a bummer for the person who doesn't get a package and a bummer for me to have to hunt you down for months after.
*Non-US/Can people who are wondering where they would have to ship to if nobody from their country signed up: so far we have people signed up from Singapore, Japan, Puerto Rico, the Netherlands, France, UK, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Australia. We have interest from the Phillipines.
Things You Need To Do
1. Send an email to TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com answering the following questions BEFORE November 13th with the answers to the following questions:
*BEFORE November 13th means 11:59pm EST on the 12th though if they slip in the wee hours of the morning while I'm sleeping I'm okay but please don't yell at me when you are past the deadline any later when I'm pairing and I say no...I have extended it too many times in the past but with 300+ participants last year I have to shut it down sometime, sorry)
- Full Name & Address
- Blog URL (also any other social media accounts you might want to share to help your secret Santa out)
- List 10-15 books you'd like to read or a link to a wishlist (please mix it up with older and new releases -- aka maybe things that aren't just available in hardcover right now). DO NOT ASK FOR ARCS please. If your SS wants to throw some in there because they saw it on your Goodreads or something that's fine but once we had someone ask for mostly ARCs.
- List of your bookish preferences (a few fave authors, your fave genres, things you WILL NOT READ, does not prefer used books, prefer hardback or paperback, if you are okay with them not getting you something on your wishlist if they think you will like it etc.)
- Please give a few things you like or things about yourself (to help with your goodie). See below for examples in the guidelines.
- Would you be able to send internationally if needed? Please answer
A. Yes, I would actually prefer to send and receive internationaly
B. No, I cannot.
C. Would prefer not to but will if needed
(if you are outside of US and Canada just know I can't guarantee that you will get somewhere even remotely close to you. I try to work it geographically for you but it all depends on who signs up and where they are from. That said we typically have a decent number of signups from England and Australia).
- Have you participated in this Secret Santa before or is this your first time?
- Which closely resembles what kind of package you are wanting to
send out (I will be pairing people with similar answers):
a) 1 book and a small gift/candy
b) 1-2 books and a couple goodies
c) 2-3 books and goodies
- Any questions, comments or additional things your Secret Santa should know.
2. When you receive your Secret Santa, go play Santa and buy your prezzies. Send it out no later than December 15th. The earlier the better as the mail is always slow during the holiday season.
3. After you send off your package, please email TBTBSecretSanta (at) gmail (dot) com letting us know you sent it off WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION/TRACKING (changing it this year, sorry!). Email us again when you receive your package. (Unless there are questions, I will not be responding to these emails due to time but will filing them away). If you have not received your package by January 1st please then email us and I will attempt to contact your Secret Santa. Please understand I will try my damndest to work it out but there is only so much I can do in the event someone decides to be naughty. Karma is a biotch though..maybe they'll get their toes run over by Santa's sleigh.
4. FOR EXTRA FUN: We are going to use the hashtag #TBTBSanta again on Twitter & Instagram for this event! We'd love to hear and see through pictures and tweets your entire process -- maybe a sneak peek of your Secret Santa skills in action (a picture of something you are sending, the wrapped picture, the box) and we'd LOVE to see your goodies as you get them!
* Books can be new or used. Use your discretion as far as used books go but please be kind and don't send something you wouldn't want to receive. They should be in VERY good condition -- like you can't even tell if it was read.
* If you aren't sure what kinds of things to add for goodies peruse the #TBTBsanta thread to see pictures of packages from last year. Lots of good ideas that will probably help you!
* Suggestions for things to add that could be helpful to tell your Secret Santa for the little gift: music you love, if you celebrate Christmas, hobbies you have, things you will not eat/are allergic to, smells or flavors you do not like, shows you watch/favorite movies, things you collect, any fandoms you are part of, would love something native to where your Secret Santa lives, coffee/tea you like, favorite colors, foods you love, favorite animals, things you are obsessed with, etc. etc. Also maybe if you have an e-reader and would be willing to get ebooks or a gift card. Just really anything relevant to your interests that could help them.
* If you are from outside the US or Canada, be aware that you might have to send internationally due to the fact that there are significantly more US participants and we may not be able to pair you up with someone closer.
* Be sure to thank your Secret Santa when you receive your package via social media or reach out to me for their email!
* Feel free to grab the button to put on your sidebar or make your own!
Please ask any questions in the comments!!