For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
2. Dear Book Genie -- Please tell mass market paperback producers to stop making their books too tall and narrow. They are impossible to hold open and look dumb. There's a reason photo sizes, post cards, and index cards come in 4x6 and 5x7, but not 4x7.
3. Dear Book Genie -- Please remind all movie producers who are making movies from books we love that *real* fans of these books would be totally willing to sit through a 6+ hour movie if it means getting all the details right. And by right, we mean consistent with the book. That means no extra love stories to get the Nicholas Sparks crowd, no casting white actors in roles meant for characters who aren't white, and no changing significant plot points.
5. Dear Book Genie -- I'd like to have the rest of the Throne of Glass series, PLEASE AND THANK YOU. I CANNOT WAIT.
6. Dear Book Genie -- Can you make me read faster AND still absorb/enjoy it all so well?? I'd like to get through my MASSIVE TBR LIST more quickly!!
8. Dear Book Genie -- Can you please build me more bookshelves? I'll gladly pay for them, but putting them together just plain sucks.
9. Dear Book Genie -- Can you convince my boyfriend to read more books instead of exclusively graphic novels and the Game of Thrones series? THERE ARE SO MANY BOOKS HE WOULD LOVE.
10. Dear Book Genie -- Lastly, please dear sweet book genie... I ask that you grant all book nerds their wishes. Give books to children who read newspapers and want ads because their parents can't afford books, give a teenager who might just need the right book in their hands that may change their life forever, or even just give that one book to comfort an old lady sitting in a nursing home so she can have a smile for the day.
What would you ask the Book Genie for?