For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
1. Catch up on the reviews I need to write: I actually have a GoodReads shelf for all the books that I've read, that I haven't written a review for and as I'm typing this, there are 77 books on it. I really need to get it together and just write those reviews or just SOMETHING about them so I can move on and clear that shelf out. My goal for 2015 is to have the number of books on this shelf always in the single digits.
2. Catch up on my series: I've started reading SO many series and never continued them beyond the first book, which is just such a waste, cause I loved some of those first in the series and really want to continue them. Which brings me to:
3. Read what I want when I want: I probably can't make this goal all the time, but I need to cut back on review copies and just read all those books I bought for myself or just the ones that I WANT to be reading (though many of those are books I get for review, so it sorta goes hand in hand at times), with less pressure to get them read in time and everything. Also, I can't keep justifiying buying all these pretties without actually reading them.
4. Actually read the books on my literal To Read Shelf
I have a shelf in my house that was my literal To-Read shelf. Well, recently it has been overrun into an entire To-Read bookcase... and some auxiliary piles. It probably has about 100 books in it. I want to read them, I want to then move them to my upstairs study room in an organized fashion.
5. Read more in general
I actually did pretty well in one of my reading challenges. I may have even completed it (i am not sure. I didnt go back and look to see if I had read the right 26 types of books). But especially toward the end of the year I just stopped reading in general. I replaced reading time with Netflix binges or HBO Go movies. I want to read again. I need that time back.
6. Finish/Catch-up on some series
This is one thing that is a constant goal of mine. I have a list of series that have been updated while I sit and not read them. I have a whole shelf on booklikes that is just "The Next Book in a Series." So I want to continue with that.
7. Cull, cull cull: I did some decent culling in 2014 but there's still a lot I KNOW I can get rid of. My interests have changed and I have books that I have had for MANY years and I need to just let goooo. Lots of ARCs from years ago that I told myself I will read...not going to happen.
8. Organize my Goodreads: I added a lot of stuff on there from when I joined (2008) until now and I REALLY need to delete some books I have no interest in and organize the shelves I really want to use.
9. Read at least 5 classics in 2015: I have neglected the classics largely in the past few years. I want to get back into reading them.
10. Stop returning my library books late: I can't tell you how much money I spent on late fees in 2014. I mean, it's kind of like donating to the library but I'd rather it be on my own terms rather than because I'm too lazy or forgetful.