To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the future topics, click here!
Top Ten Bookish Resolutions
* Do a better job with my Netgalley & Edelweiss books: I went overboard back in the day and I REALLY need to read the books I requested so I'm pretty much not going to request anymore (or use that damned auto approval and download them) until I get my NG ratio up and get a chunk of them off my Kindle.
* Read 5 classics in 2014: Pre-blogging I used to read more classics and I just haven't been anymore because they take me longer and require a little more patience. I need to stop caring about that and just read because I truly WANT to read some of these classics on my bookshelf.
* Stop being afraid of chunky books: I have so many HUGE books on my bookshelves and I need to stop being afraid to read them and also stop caring about how it will affect my blogging if I tackle them because I typically think, "I could read 3 books in this time."
* Read more non-fiction books: Almost every non-fiction book I've read, I've liked--so I want to try more! Plus I learn stuff!
* I second Jamie's resolution to do better with Netgalley!!
* I want to read more books! Sometimes I read slow, sometimes I'm too tired, and sometimes I'm in a slump and neglect my books forever. I want to read more, and beat my 62 books read from last year.
* Read books with more "heavy" subject matters: I hate crying, so I shy away from a lot of books with heavy subject matter. I won't read John Green or Gayle Forman even though all my friends love them! I'm just so scared! I need to get over this. What books do I need to read, peeps? Lay them on me!
* I want to read 10 books physically sitting on my shelf before I buy new ones.
* I want to read a book that has been on my to-read shelf for over a year
* I want to keep my book club going all year.
* To read as many of the Youth Media Award winners as I can once they are announced at the end of January. Definitely at least the Printz winner, and preferably all of the honor books.
So what are your resolutions for the new year in relationship to books and blogging?
** A note about the linky change: Mr. Linky wasn't working when I went to post this so I was forced to switch to another linking service that I had already been contemplating because Mr. Linky had been acting a bit wonky. Upon further inspection, I think I am in LOVE with this new one and will go forward with it. There is also a randomizer feature for the linky that I am DEFINITELY going to utilize because 1) now people don't have to all refresh hoping to be #1 on the list at midnight because it's all random and 2) you can discover some new people at the top! Any time you go to the page someone new will be on the top! **