For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
Julia's Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors
A little over a year ago, I wrote my Top Auto-Buy Romance Authors, so I will try not to repeat with this top ten, though all of the other authors still apply!
- Courtney Milan - She is one of my favorite new to me romance authors. Her books are always so creative and well researched, and even when I may not completely love them, I still love them (if that makes any sense).
Books I loved: A Kiss for Midwinter, The Duchess War, The Governess Affair
- Beth Revis - It is no secret that I loved the Across the Universe series. I can't wait to see what world Revis builds for us next.
Books I loved: Across the Universe, A Million Suns, Shades of Earth
- Kristen Callihan - I feel like all I do on this blog is gush about how much I love Kristen Callihan and her Darkest London series. It is just so inventive and emersive!
Books I loved: Firelight, Moonglow, Winterblaze
- George R.R. Martin - Anyone who has read any of A Song of Ice and Fire I would ascertain has Martin as an auto-buy. How can you not when the books come out years apart
Books I loved: Game of Thrones, A Storm of Swords
- Marissa Meyer - I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on Scarlet, the next in her steampunk-dystopian Fairy Tales series. It should be in my hands soon.
Books I loved: Cinder
- Jennifer Ashley - I had heard of Ashley's books through a romance novel March madness tourney. I know sounds amazing right? And all the hype was worth it. Her Mackenzie's series is pretty great.
Books I loved: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, Lady Isabella's Scandelous Marriage
- Meljean Brook - A great steampunk and sexy world. That is what she created. The second and third in her Iron Seas series have been on my to buy list for a while. So I guess its auto-buy... but I haven't bought them quite yet.
Books I loved:The Iron Duke
- Eloisa James - Ever seen I was enraptured by one of her covers at the bookstore, I have not been able to resist her books. I eagerly gobble up every new installment. Books I loved: The Taming of Duke, When Beauty Tamed the Beast, Paris in Love
- Elizabeth Hoyt - My favorite series romance lies with Ms. Hoyt. Her characters jump off the page and suck me in. I can't resist a new one by her!
Books I loved: Scandalous Desires, To Taste Temptation, Thief of Shadows
- Julia Quinn - Finally Ms. Quinn. Ever since I read her Bridgerton books in high school, I have been hooked on her humor. Every new one by her is read almost immediately.
Books I loved: On the Way to the Wedding, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, What Happens in London
I just couldn't help it toward the end there... I just had to include them. So who are your auto-buy authors? Who are we missing out on here!