Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND fill out Mr. Linky . I
If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!
Today we decided to do a collaborative Top Ten Tuesday! Click HERE for future Top Ten Tuesday topics. Next week is really exciting for us because it is our 1 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY!!
1. When Anna and St. Clair's knees touch in the movies (Anna and the French Kiss)
2. SO many parts betweens Elizabeth and Mr. Darcey. When they meet at Pemberly when she thinks he's supposed to be away. But this part got me: "In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." (Pride & Prejudice)
3. When Katniss holds Rue while she is dying and sings to her. This probably would compete for time I cried the hardest while reading a book BUT I did say "aww" because it was just so sweet and I totally knew how much I liked Katniss at that point. (The Hunger Games)
4. *spoiler for The Bird Sisters* When Milly turns down the love of her life for Cousin Bett. I cried so hard at this but it was such a sweet and loving gesture even though I didn't want her to do it. (The Bird Sisters)
5. "If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. Maybe coming back to your old life would just be too painful, maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay." (Adam in Where She Went)
6. The beginning of On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn where Geoffery runs to interrupt the wedding of the girl he loves. And thus you know it through the book. Makes everything more… aww–ful?
7. The ending of The Amber Spyglass with Will and Lyra… I don’t want to say any more. You know what I am talking about :) Actually, that whole book makes me go aww and emote quite a bit as well.
8. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie: Lord Ian makes me go aww. To see him, who it an autistic man in the 1800s, learn to cope (and love! This is a romance novel) is just made of aww. It's really written quite brilliantly!
9. The text in The Name of the Wind, a lot of time moved me to feel that “aww.” Maybe not in that cute puppy kind of way, but in that omg wow how moving sort of way. Here is an example:
When she smiled at me, i felt...
I honestly cannot think of how i could describe it. Lying would be easier. I could steal from a hundred stories and tell you a lie so familiar you would swallow it whole. I could say my knees went to rubber. That my breath came hard in my chest. But that would not be the truth. My heart did not pound or stop of stutter. That is the sort of thing they say happens in stories. Foolishness. Hyperbole. Tripe. But still...
10. In The Art of Racing in the Rain, when the dog (whose name escapes me…) got to ride in the racecar! It just screamed of cute internet picture. I am pretty sure I awed out loud.