For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
We decided to share our bookish resolutions this week!
2. Get the number of books on various lists down: Particularly the list of series that I own completed but haven't started yet and the series that I need to either continue or finish. I have this irrational fear of finishing series and I really need to get it together and keep up with the series that I loved the first book of, because with some it's been years and I've forgotten so much of the story and it just needs to happen.
3. Non-bookish: fold the laundry more often: I majorly fail at this. And since I now have a lovely lady who cleans my house, I should be a bit better about keeping it tidy and adult better. Which means clean clothes need to go IN the closet and not lounge around on a chair until I just wear them again because it's easier than folding them.
4. Finish the Harry Potter series: I read book 1 last year and then I read book 2 and 3 in the past couple months so I would really like to keep GOING!
5. Rid myself of piles of books: I've got more than enough book shelves and I still have piles. I need to cull enough to get rid of the piles that have taken over my apartment!!
6. Return my library books on time: NO SERIOUSLY. I am always the worst at this but this year I feel like I paid A LOT in library fines. It's a lot of laziness (I just want to get home after work and not go drop them off) and also because I have hopes I will read them all.
7. I resolve, in 2016, to read what I love and not feel pressured by numbers or what's popular right now or what's releasing soon. I want reading to be about me again.
8. I resolve to not feel bad when I see others reading WAY more books than I do. I'm a slow reader because I love to savor books and think about them. And that's ok!
9. I resolve to actually read this year. Last year was the least I've read in a long time. My reading time was replaced with streaming time. I really miss the metal adventures though so I want to read.
10. I resolve to write more reviews, either on here or for myself. I got very lax with reading but also tracking what I did read last year. It makes it really hard to look back and see what was read, what trends I'm leaning towards, stuff like that. But writing reviews or even short notes really helps when reading a series and the next book doesn't come out for years. So I want to do that again :)
Tell us your book related goals for 2016!
"...not feel pressured by numbers..." Jana, this is brilliant! It's a temptation I fall prey to way too frequently.ReplyDelete
Best wishes to all in their reading goals!
Great list - love No.1 and 7 in particular.ReplyDelete
"Read my own books" - this!ReplyDelete
Good luck with your goals, a lot of them sound very familiar :)
Ooh nice! I am definitely liking some of these!!ReplyDelete
Here's my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I also resolved to read more of my own books! Books that I have just sitting on my kindle waiting for me! Great post! My Top Ten TuesdayReplyDelete
Great resolutions, ladies.ReplyDelete
Daisy, I stopped requesting egalleys--and--for the most part--don't enter book giveaways--for that very reason.
Jamie, I waited a long time to read the Harry Potter series, but once I got started it flew by.
Jana, reading what you love is so important. Sometimes I worry I am missing too many good books when I go from blog to blog seeing great reviews for a book, but I simply add them to my Amazon Wish List of my list on Goodreads and focus on what I want to read.
Julia, it was a tough reading year for me too. I hope we both accomplish more this year.
Good luck with your resolutions, everyone.
I hope you continue with the Harry Potter series. I finally finished the series last year!!ReplyDelete
My TTT: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-goals-for-2016.html
6. Return my library books on time: NO SERIOUSLY. I am always the worst at this but this year I feel like I paid A LOT in library fines. It's a lot of laziness (I just want to get home after work and not go drop them off) and also because I have hopes I will read them all.ReplyDelete
This sounds so familiar. I have a library related resolution, too. I've also been so bad about getting books out and not getting round to them!
Such great resolutions! I really want to read more of my books this year too, and I completely agree with not feeling pressured to read what others are reading or how much they are reading!ReplyDelete
I'm subscribing to the 'read my own books' theory this year. I really need to do this. And I love the 'don't feel bad when others read way more'. I like the idea of savoring my reading in 2016.ReplyDelete
Those are some good resolutions! And yes, definitely finish the Harry Potter series. ;)ReplyDelete
I can relate to a lot of these (including finishing Harry Potter book 8!)ReplyDelete
All of you came up with some really fantastic resolutions! I think I see elements of my own in each of your commitments. Looking forward to seeing what y'all do in the coming year! :)ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
YES to #1. I really need to read my own books this year. I have so many unread books sitting around.ReplyDelete
Aj @ Read All The Things!
I also want to read more of the books I've actually paid for. It's becoming ridiculous. Good luck on your resolutions!ReplyDelete
1, 5, and 8 are my struggles, too! I am zoned in on those this year. Happy 2016!ReplyDelete
Glad to see I was not the only one who ended up reading less and streaming more!ReplyDelete
Great lists ladies!! I have similar resolutions but reading books I already own is definitely a top one!!ReplyDelete
I have added my Top Ten Bookish Resolutions to my *End of the Year Survey* for 2015! I am going to be featuring this lovely journal retrospective each blogoversary of mine which is on the 31 March! Thank you for inspiring me to think about the things I want to accomplish and the changes I want to make this year!
Read my *End of the Year, 2015 Survey!*