For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
We decided to share our bookish resolutions this week!
2. Get the number of books on various lists down: Particularly the list of series that I own completed but haven't started yet and the series that I need to either continue or finish. I have this irrational fear of finishing series and I really need to get it together and keep up with the series that I loved the first book of, because with some it's been years and I've forgotten so much of the story and it just needs to happen.
3. Non-bookish: fold the laundry more often: I majorly fail at this. And since I now have a lovely lady who cleans my house, I should be a bit better about keeping it tidy and adult better. Which means clean clothes need to go IN the closet and not lounge around on a chair until I just wear them again because it's easier than folding them.
4. Finish the Harry Potter series: I read book 1 last year and then I read book 2 and 3 in the past couple months so I would really like to keep GOING!
5. Rid myself of piles of books: I've got more than enough book shelves and I still have piles. I need to cull enough to get rid of the piles that have taken over my apartment!!
6. Return my library books on time: NO SERIOUSLY. I am always the worst at this but this year I feel like I paid A LOT in library fines. It's a lot of laziness (I just want to get home after work and not go drop them off) and also because I have hopes I will read them all.
7. I resolve, in 2016, to read what I love and not feel pressured by numbers or what's popular right now or what's releasing soon. I want reading to be about me again.
8. I resolve to not feel bad when I see others reading WAY more books than I do. I'm a slow reader because I love to savor books and think about them. And that's ok!
9. I resolve to actually read this year. Last year was the least I've read in a long time. My reading time was replaced with streaming time. I really miss the metal adventures though so I want to read.
10. I resolve to write more reviews, either on here or for myself. I got very lax with reading but also tracking what I did read last year. It makes it really hard to look back and see what was read, what trends I'm leaning towards, stuff like that. But writing reviews or even short notes really helps when reading a series and the next book doesn't come out for years. So I want to do that again :)
Tell us your book related goals for 2016!