Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Daisy That She MUST Read
For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
1. A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin: and yes I KNOW! I'm trying to find the time, but I need a couple of days where I'm doing nothing but read this or I'll be stuck. So Kelly, I haven't forgotten ;)
2. Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth: I really enjoyed Divergent and now the boyfriend's sister is badgering me to read the other two books because she wants to talk about them and noone else around here has read them.
3. A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller: so Debby has been pushing this book because she loves it and it does sound really good!
Side note: I could have easily filled this list with books Debby's pushing ;)
4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: Sarah highly recommends this series. By which I obviously mean she raves about it and made me buy the first one.
5. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: and basically all her other books. People keep telling me to read it and it's so hyped up that I'm scared.
6. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: and all her other books, but mostly this one. People keep telling me it's amazing. I should really just read it, but it's kinda scary and I'm putting it off because it deals with disease.
7. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: so Mel loves this series and has been pushing it and all of the blogging community seems to agree with her and how could they not because ASSASSIN NUNS?? How can that not be awesome?
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flyn: EVERYONE seems to love it and says it's a must read. I'm a little scared of this one as well, mostly because I don't really read a lot of mystery/thrillers, so it has to be REALLY good to wow me.
9. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan: both Daph and Debby keep telling me to read this. I will, obviously, cause I love Percy Jackson.
10. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: so I could tell you who has been telling me I must read this, but it's basically EVERYONE. So, yeah...
What about you guys? What books are people telling you you MUST read? Any you want to second/third/millionth?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Actually one of my friends kept recommending me Second Chance Summer nonstop & I finally read it and loved it. Now I recommend it to other people :) Check out my TTT!ReplyDelete
Yes, you must read Scarlet! ;-)ReplyDelete
I'm jumping on the Scarlet bandwagon - if you haven't read it then you haven't met Captain Thorne! I may have an unbelievably wrong because he's a fictional character crush on him! He's perfect for all the wrong reasons.ReplyDelete
Outlander is on my list also. It gets such high praise. But I don't really want to read it. I am not big on time travel.Here is a link to my TTTReplyDelete
I've tried reading Outlander, but it's so slow in the beginning. I'm watching the show instead! I concur with getting you to read ADWD and Gone Girl (though I like Gillian Flynn's Dark Places best).ReplyDelete
I loved Gone Girl (though I did read it early, before too much info about it had gotten out) and Me Before You (did not read this early and still loved it!). I've also heard great things about the Outlander series.ReplyDelete
oooh - Grave Mercy is one of my favorites! I hope you like itReplyDelete
I just love these! I was told to read the Percy Jackson series before and now, I love it! <3ReplyDelete
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Was Told I MUST Read
Love your top 10!! A Dance with Dragons is on my must-read too... I just finished Martin's 3rd book last night from the series and need to catch up! So excited to see Gone Girl on your list... we loved it as a book club and it proved to be a great discussion book!ReplyDelete
I have read 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 and 10 on your list. I agree with all except Gone Girl. That book just makes me angry! You won't know what I mean until you read it. I would also like to add: Somewhere in France, Into the Never Sky, These Broken Stars, The Beloved Daughter (a rare book about North Korea), The Selection, The Bronze Horseman, Finnikan of the Rock, and Gracelin O'Malley. All amazing books I love talking about!!!ReplyDelete
Oops! I meant UNDER the Never Sky.Delete
Great list! I also included Gone Girl and totally forgot about Outlander! I feel about that what you said about A Dance with Dragons (which is great by the way), it's so long and I need ti devote a solid amount of time to tackling the book.ReplyDelete
Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally
I need to second Outlander, Gone Girl, and Second Chance Summer!ReplyDelete
I don't normally read thrillers but Gone Girl was absolutely amazing! IReplyDelete
Me Before You! Its just so so so good!ReplyDelete
I can relate to a lot of your entries. Everyone pushed A Song of Ice and Fire-but then I read them. And I've read Insurgent, but not Allegiant yet. And at least one person has told me that Gone Girl is not all that, so I felt like I was given a pass to not read it. =) Good luck!ReplyDelete
I have to say that Grave Mercy is absolutely EXCELLENT! WOW! Plus, book 2 is as well. :) Happy reading.ReplyDelete
Top 10 @Libby Blog
Great list!! I've read Insurgent and even pre-ordered Allegiant. After some of the mixed reviews I have been nervous to read it. I will definitely read it one of these days. I was about half way through Gone Girl and put it on hold. Everyone says I was getting to the best part, but it wasn't holding my attention and I needed a break. I'll pick it up again soon.ReplyDelete
Here is my TTT: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-people-tell-me-i.html
Gone Girl is so crazy - I read it in a day. I DID NOT see the twists to come. I also am really partial to Rick Riordan's series - fun and educational!ReplyDelete
You need to have read Scarlet YESTERDAY. And then hop right along to Cress (which I personally believe is the best in the series).ReplyDelete
Also Gone Girl gets REALLLY weird at the second half of the book. Like weird. Like wacky. Like I have to put the book down and question life weird.
Amber Elise @ Du Livre
I'm on the same page with you about Insurgent and Allegiant. And, Scarlet as well. I just got to Cinder about a month ago, lol.ReplyDelete
My TTT Post
Gone Girl is VERY good but it has really disagreeable characters and really strange end. Despite all that it manages to still be amazing. I don't get it. You should definitely read it though.ReplyDelete
I loved your top tens today. Some of them are even on mine!ReplyDelete
xx Kat xx
I'm currently reading Scarlet, but I keep interrupting it for other books that interest me more, so I've been at it for months. The Heroes of Olympus series is pretty good, though I still like the original series better.ReplyDelete
The Divergent sequels were not as good as the first book, sadly.
Grave Mercy is on my list, too. And I intend to get around to it soon, because ASSASSINS, right?
Heroes of Olympus series is so awesome and we get to hear form Annabeths POV as well as some amazing new characters, seriously once you get a little Leo Valdez in your life, you'll wonder how you lived without him!ReplyDelete
I've got the Game of Thrones on my list, too. I love your meme.ReplyDelete
I need to read A Clash Of Kings onwards, I'm very behind with that series! I haven't read Insurgent or Allegiant either, and my sister keeps badgering me too! I just finished Cinder, so Scarlet is next on the list when I get round to it!ReplyDelete
Check out my TTT!
Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination
I liked Cinder more than Scarlet but Scarlet is still worth reading because it advances the story in many ways. I'm reading Cress right now and really starting to enjoy how Meyer can keep the old characters as main characters while always adding in new characters to become attached to.ReplyDelete