For a list of past and future Top Ten Tuesday topics and to find out more about Top Ten Tuesday, click here!
Today we are talking about our best and worst book to movie adaptation experiences!
2. Jamie says: Matilda I loved this book as a child and I thought the movie was awesome!
3. Jana says: The Da Vinci Code I love the Louvre and the Vatican! And I really like Tom Hanks.
4. Daisy says: The Notebook I felt like this stuck very true to the story as it is in the book and it's just beautiful.
5. Daisy says: Pride and Prejudice I'm talking both the TV series with Colin Firth AND the 2005 adaptation with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen (especially the last one is VERY dear to my heart and just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again!), they're just very well done and SWOON Matthew MacFadyen as Mr. Darcy proposing to Lizzie!!
6. Tahleen says: To Kill a Mockingbird Go ahead, watch Atticus Fitch, played by Gregory Peck, give his closing arguments. I defy you not to get emotional.
1. Jana says: Twilight - Does this even need an explanation? When Edward sparkled, it looked like his face was all wet and hairy.
2. Jana says: Beastly - This was just not good. At all. Mary-Kate Olsen as this witch. Bad choice. And Vanessa Hudgens? No...
3. Bridget says: The Shining (Stanley Kubrick's 1980 version was so bad that Stephen King backed a 1997 miniseries that was much closer to his original intention and is far better, in my opinion, than Kubrick's version.)
4. Bridget says: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (I saw this in the theater, and I was so upset about the terrible adaptation that I almost cried and have refused to see any Harry Potter movie in the theater since. I also gave up on the movies altogether after watching Order of the Phoenix one night when I was bored and had nothing to do.)
5. Tahleen says: A Wrinkle in Time. I haven't seen it, but it's because I can't bring myself to. Madeleine L'Engle thought it was awful, and a young library user refused to read this book because she saw the movie and hated it so much. Heartbreaking.