For a list of past and future Top Ten Tuesday topics and to find out more about Top Ten Tuesday, click here!
Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me NOT Pick Up A Book
This turned out to be a difficult topic for me! I thought I'd have no problem coming up with ten words or topics that automatically put books on my mental do-not-read list. Then I sat down to write my post and I had the biggest brain freeze.
- Horror/Thriller: Scary books are not for me. At all. I avoid this genre. I don't need to be creeped out and looking over my shoulder every five seconds while I'm reading! I also can't watch Criminal Minds when I'm home alone. What can I say, I'm a baby.
- Fairytale Retellings: As much as I love fairytales I just can't get into retellings.
- Chick-Lit: I hate this phrase! I like easy reads for the beach or when I'm stressed but I hate when books are referred to as "chick-lit". It makes me cringe. *shudder*
- Time Travel: When a character is jumping back and forth so many times I start getting confused and can't keep up!
- Motherhood: Not at the point in my life and it is something that I don't want to be reading about.
- Aliens: Zero interest.
- Poetry: I want to LOVE poetry. I've made myself read countless poems but I just can't get into it. Every one in awhile I'll come across a line or stanza in a poem that I LOVE but won't like the rest of the poem.
- Pirates: It's hard for me to follow along with pirate dialogue.
- Autobiographies: Always seem greatly exaggerated and sometimes not believable.
- Zombies: I just don't get it.
There are exceptions to every rule so there is a very good chance I could love books about any of these things! Are there any books I am missing out on based on my list?