This week was scheduled to be Top Ten Authors I'd Like To See On A Reality Show but I got a lot of feedback about how HARD it was...so maybe not as good as an idea as I initially thought! SO..I opened it up as a Freebie Week but I decided to stick with the topic!
1. John Green -- I'd love to see John Green on Survivor! As king of the nerds, he'd show all the nerdy/geeky guys who have come on this show to show everyone that it's more about brains than brawn (and then FAIL to do so), how it's done! He'd be charming, entertaining to watch and somehow I think he'd be pretty cunning at the game while also proving you don't have to be a total douchenugget. OR he and Hank on the Amazing Race! BRILLIANT!! Somebody sign them up!
2. Maureen Johnson: Maureen just deserves her own reality show. THE MAUREEN SHOW. It'd be awesome.
3 & 4: Stephanie Perkins & Kiersten White: I'd love to see the two of these authors on The Amazing Race together! I love peeping on some of their witty Twitter banter but they seem like they would have a good time! Also, I've met Stephanie and SHE IS HILARIOUS...so it would prove to be very good tv!
5. Beth Revis: I don't have a reality show in mind per se but it'd have to be something where you get to vote people out and be ripping out people's hearts while doing so. I learned, while at a tour stop for Breathless Reads, that Beth really loves killing off characters and laughing while doing so. SO, she'd be hilarious to watch because she's oh so sweet but she'd have no problem voting your ass off!
6. Kirsten Hubbard: I'd love to see her on her own reality show that is somewhat in line with Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations but a little more adventurous and fun. She's a world traveler and I'd love to watch a travel adventure show from someone who is around my age!
7. Megan McCafferty: Again, don't have a specific show but she cracks me up and she's super entertaining and I'd root for her until the end!
8. Tahereh Mafi: I LOVE HER. She is so adorable and hilarious and I would love to hear her commentary about the other contestants/houseguests and the general state of whatever reality show she was on. It would make me laugh.
9 & 10: Jonathan Safran Foer & Nicole Krauss: I would love to see two of my favorite authors (who happen to be married!) be on the Amazing Race! I don't really know what their personalities are like but I'd sure like to watch!