Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Future Top Ten Tuesday topics are posted here.
I love quotes. Whether they're from books, songs, movies or people. I love them. I'm always writing down quotes I like on random scraps of paper or pasting them in a blank word document.
Jen's Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books:
- “I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.” - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- “Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts.” - To Kill A Mockingbird
- “Don’t ask for guarantees. And don’t look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were heading for shore.” - Fahrenheit 451
- "But still, I find the need to remind myself of the temporariness of a day, to reassure myself that I got through yesterday, I'll get through today.” - Where She Went
- “You've got to have pride in your home. You are where you're from. Otherwise, you're always going to be lost.” - Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
- "Girl Scouts didn't teach me what to do with emotionally unstable drunk boys" - Anna and the French Kiss
- "Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished, just to stay near it." - The Book Thief
- “No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention." - Invisible Monsters
- “Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you.” - I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- “If you look for perfection, you'll never be content.” - Anna Karenina
Those are just a handful of my favorite book quotes! What are some of your favorites?