Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time...just post what you can!
This week's topic:
Top Ten Fictional Crushes
- Oskar from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: If I was eight years old I would be in LOVE with Oskar. We'd definitely get married on the playground during recess.
- Wes from The Truth About Forever: Sa-woon! He's the artistic one, I want him to make me my own sculpture out of stuff he finds at the junkyard.
- Gale from the Hunger Games Trilogy: He's strong, dependable, he cares for his family, and not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
- Marcus from Sloppy Firsts (the Jessica Darling series): I haven't finished the series yet but I have a soft spot for Marcus. I loved his day of the week t-shirts and cryptic messages to Jessica.
- Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour: Who wouldn't want a cute boy to take a cross-country road trip with? If you cry in front of Roger he's not going to freak out on you, he'll give you his sunglasses to wear so people can't tell you've been crying. Plus, he makes amazing mix CDs.
- Dexter from This Lullaby: Be careful, when you first meet Dexter he might accidentally knock you off your feet (literally). But he's passionate about music, funny (his band has a song about potatoes), he loves his dog, and he never gives up.
- Shay from Nightshade: Okay, so I haven't even read this book yet (it comes out today!) but I loved the marketing campaign for Nightshade. I loved how you could interact with Shay online and read his blog and watch videos he posted. He seems like a good guy (plus, he's kind of cute!). Shay's Facebook.
- Ethan from Something Blue: I read this book last year so I don't remember much about why I liked Ethan but he is incredibly patient (somehow he managed to put up with Darcy), and he currently lives in England.
- Sam from Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls): I haven't read Linger yet so my opinion could change but so far I love Sam. He loves reading (even worked in a bookstore one summer) and comes up with little songs about Grace.
- Edward from The Twilight Saga: Don't hate! I know most people over the age of 16 hate him. But when I read Twilight I liked how how he acted chivalrous and like a gentleman.
Next week's topic: In the spirit of Halloween, Tahleen will be sharing her top ten scariest books!