For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
Happy Tuesday everyone! Today we are talking about those things that will just instantly make us want to read a book!
1. Even a whiff of a hate-to-love romance type relationship: Listen, if it even hints at it in any type of book (even if it isn't a romance/rom com) I'm going to add it to my TBR.
2. Road trip: If I see the word road trip in a summary (honestly though...any kind of huge travel plot) I'm game.
3. Loss of a parent: Oookay this one probably feels like a downer but apparently this is my thing. A few years after I lost my mom in 2006 I started really gravitating towards books about losing a parent. IDK WHY. I know some avoid it for the same reason if they've gone through it but for me it's apparently cathartic and a thing I enjoy (weird word...probably not what I'm going for) so if I see that a book deals with a loss of a parent (especially a mom) in any way it's like Jamiebait.
4. Magic - I'm such a sucker for fantasy reads. If the description of a book mentions magic, it immediately goes on my tbr.
5. Horses- The 10 year old in me just can't let this go. I've always loved horses (I grew up with a Wyoming rancher for a grandpa, so it was inevitable) and stories about them just make me happy.
6. Pirates: I'm a sucker for books with pirates in them! I've probably got a crush on every literary pirate.
7. Mermaids: Underwater worlds and mermaids are my favorite!
8. Travel: If the book has traveling in it I'm all over it!
9. Nerdy Characters: I love adorkable/nerdy/bookish characters so much!
10. Holidays: I love books centered around different holidays. It's so much fun reading Halloween books in October and Christmas ones in December.
11. Any sort of endorsement by one of my favorite authors (Stephen King, JK Rowling, Gillian Flynn, etc)