For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
Top Ten Books I Wish Had (More/Less) X In Them (the original idea came from Andi who suggested top ten books I wish had more kissing which I thought could be fun but also realize it might not be everyone's thing! Could also be top ten books I wish had more diversity in them or top ten books I wish had less violence in them or less romance focus in them or top ten books I wish had more dragons in them. IDK! Have some fun with this one!)
Julia's Top Ten Books that Should Have More Cowbell
So I had a really, really rough emotion filled, heavy, crazy week last week. Definitely the most emotionally exhausting in recent memory. So when I started to think about this list, I really just wanted to make it about the lolz. So my list is top ten books that I think could be improved by more cowbell. Also for those unfamiliar, here is a link to the SNL sketch.
1. Twilight - I know that there is a sizable amount of people who liked Twilight. I didn't dislike the first one all that much, but the subsequent ones were not my cup of tea. What would have made them so? If just in the middle of a random serious scene, cowbell broke out and people started dancing with their sparkle bellies dancing in the moonlight.
2. Old Skool Romance Novels - For those not up on the lingo, Old skool romance novels are the ones that were sort of light on the woman equality thing and a little more heavy on the ... alphole hero (alpha ahole). So I think if the ladies had been able to just dancing their funky dance to the sound of the cowbell beat, it would have just been amazing.
3. Lord of the Flies - I think cowbell would have been the only thing that made me remotely enjoy that book.
4. Dan Brown Books - I would love it if during Robert Langdon's adventures where he is trying to save someone from dying a horrible death by using cryptography and history, there was just a sidekick with a cowbell.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Boring woods scenes? NO LONGER A PROBLEM. Just cast a spell on the cowbell so only you can hear it and dance the night away.
6. The Princess Bride - The cowbell guy could have been one more villain the Man in Black had to beat before Buttercup could be his. How would he best him? Dance contest.
7. Any philosophy book I read in college - Kant? Descartes? COWBELL!
8. Any book that is about cowbells - I am sure there is some book about the history of the cowbell. I really want the digital copies to just come with the SNL skit now in all seriousness.
9. Children's books about cows - A legitimate use! Education!!
10. The memoir of my life - I think I would like it if the book about me just had a whole chapter where it was just a side tangent on cowbell. Fun and 100% true fact. When I was little, my aunt lived with my grandmother. When my grandma wanted to get her daughter's attention, instead of yelling up the stairs she had a cowbell she would ring. It was amazing and I can still hear it today... ah memories.
Thanks for joining me on non-nonsensical list lane. Link up your lists below and have a wonderful, cowbell themed week.
We can always use some fun laugh-out-loud things - especially when it comes to our books. Hope you have a happy-face week, Julia. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks. So far it's been fine. No lost dogs this week! Just found happy dogs.Delete
Very funny ahahah!ReplyDelete
Haha!! Great picks!ReplyDelete
Here's my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Kant or Descartes plus cowbell could only be an improvement.ReplyDelete
HAH! I very nearly chose the same theme, but you rocked it way better than I would have. I like your style. :)ReplyDelete
Haha. Thanks. I am sure you would have been able to rock that cowbell just as hard.Delete
Ha! This was one of my first thoughts when I was trying to come up with how I was going to do this TTT. Now I'm glad I didn't because your post is the best! ;)ReplyDelete
Haha! I love that SNL skit. Fun post!ReplyDelete
OK, well this topic just made me snort out loud. Well done. Hahaha!ReplyDelete
Lol great topic. Loved that SNL skit.ReplyDelete
hahaha perfect! Great topic!ReplyDelete
Dance off in The Princess Bride?! Sounds good to me!ReplyDelete
I love this skit! This is one of my all time favorites next to Debby Downer. �� Great list!ReplyDelete
LOL, That's hilarious and such an original topic!ReplyDelete
Hi! OMG, The Lord of the Flies for sure needs cowbell. :)ReplyDelete
I really wasn't sure what to do with this one! I may re-do it another time. I couldn't come up with anything clever. I'll just enjoy everyone else's take.ReplyDelete
All books needs more cowbell! Love it!ReplyDelete
This is the greatest list I've seen in my life. The Dan Brown one slayed me :'DReplyDelete
LOVE this topic! One of the best skits ever!ReplyDelete
Haha that's too funny! I also hope things are better for you now!ReplyDelete
Thanks! They are. <3Delete
Now I have the sound of cowbells ringing in my head! Love the post! :)ReplyDelete
Ha,ha,ha! I am mesmerized by that gif and laughed out loud at the idea of Robert Langdon conducting his very serious investigations to a soundtrack of cowbell! Thanks for the laughs!ReplyDelete
This is awesome! We all need a bit of hilarity now and then :) Thanks for this. Loved it :)ReplyDelete
That was awesome!ReplyDelete