For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
Top Ten Books I Wish Had (More/Less) X In Them (the original idea came from Andi who suggested top ten books I wish had more kissing which I thought could be fun but also realize it might not be everyone's thing! Could also be top ten books I wish had more diversity in them or top ten books I wish had less violence in them or less romance focus in them or top ten books I wish had more dragons in them. IDK! Have some fun with this one!)
Julia's Top Ten Books that Should Have More Cowbell
So I had a really, really rough emotion filled, heavy, crazy week last week. Definitely the most emotionally exhausting in recent memory. So when I started to think about this list, I really just wanted to make it about the lolz. So my list is top ten books that I think could be improved by more cowbell. Also for those unfamiliar, here is a link to the SNL sketch.
1. Twilight - I know that there is a sizable amount of people who liked Twilight. I didn't dislike the first one all that much, but the subsequent ones were not my cup of tea. What would have made them so? If just in the middle of a random serious scene, cowbell broke out and people started dancing with their sparkle bellies dancing in the moonlight.
2. Old Skool Romance Novels - For those not up on the lingo, Old skool romance novels are the ones that were sort of light on the woman equality thing and a little more heavy on the ... alphole hero (alpha ahole). So I think if the ladies had been able to just dancing their funky dance to the sound of the cowbell beat, it would have just been amazing.
3. Lord of the Flies - I think cowbell would have been the only thing that made me remotely enjoy that book.
4. Dan Brown Books - I would love it if during Robert Langdon's adventures where he is trying to save someone from dying a horrible death by using cryptography and history, there was just a sidekick with a cowbell.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Boring woods scenes? NO LONGER A PROBLEM. Just cast a spell on the cowbell so only you can hear it and dance the night away.
6. The Princess Bride - The cowbell guy could have been one more villain the Man in Black had to beat before Buttercup could be his. How would he best him? Dance contest.
7. Any philosophy book I read in college - Kant? Descartes? COWBELL!
8. Any book that is about cowbells - I am sure there is some book about the history of the cowbell. I really want the digital copies to just come with the SNL skit now in all seriousness.
9. Children's books about cows - A legitimate use! Education!!
10. The memoir of my life - I think I would like it if the book about me just had a whole chapter where it was just a side tangent on cowbell. Fun and 100% true fact. When I was little, my aunt lived with my grandmother. When my grandma wanted to get her daughter's attention, instead of yelling up the stairs she had a cowbell she would ring. It was amazing and I can still hear it today... ah memories.
Thanks for joining me on non-nonsensical list lane. Link up your lists below and have a wonderful, cowbell themed week.