For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!This week's topic: Top Ten Best Books Of 2016 (you choose -- best books overall of what you read regardless of pub date, of a particular genre, 2016 debuts, 2016 releases, etc)
1. The Martian by Andy Weir - I really liked this book and was glad I read it before I saw the movie. I liked the book more, just a bit because the movie was amazing as well, but the book just captured more of his "Oh no. I am stuck on Mars" point of view.
2. Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith - Ah, the Cormoran Strike series. I really love this, and this one was slightly different than the other two since it focused on a case that directly affected Strike and Robin. JK Rowling really writes some engaging stuff in this series.
3. Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare - I didn't read a lot of romance novels this year, but I read a lot of Tessa Dare. I think this one was my favorite I read. Her books are always so funny and heartwarming. The best kind of novel. I can just devour them.
4. Salt To the Sea by Ruta Sepetys: Ruta's books have all been amazing to me but I think this was her best yet. If you love historical fiction, check this one out!
5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: this book is a early 2017 release but I read it this year and OH MY GOD...it is amazing and super important. Truly. I love Starr and her family has been added to my fave fictional families list. I can't wait til this book gets the world talking because there is SO much to talk about!
6. One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid: all of her books have been favorites for me and I was so excited for this one and wowwowow one of the most visceral responses I had all year reading.
7. Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn: I randomly grabbed this book at the library in March and hadn't heard anything about it except knew people liked Sharon Shinn but I always heard people talk about her other books. This book is one I will reread next year for sure. It made me so truly happy and just charmed the pants right off me. The best part is my friend Gillian read it after I reviewed it and then she raved about it and this amazing chain reaction happened and others fell in love with it as much as we did and it was one of those moments that reminded me how important it is to still rave about the backlist books you read and love because there are so many people who might also find their new fave book that went under the radar!
8. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas: I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me! I loved this book even more than ACOTAR!! I love Rhys and the Night Court and the swooooons!
9. The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood - I know I'm at Atwood fan girl, but her latest novel blew me away yet again. Her prose is perfectly worded without the clutter of excess details that have seemed to drag on for me this year. She knows how to take an otherworldly society and topple it over with grace. This is easily one of my all time favorite Atwood novels, be it is definitely my favorite read of 2016.
10. The Fold by Peter Clines - Science fiction, a little fantasy, and all the amazingness wanted all wrapped up with a bow. This was an amazing science fiction novel for 2016 that I honestly just may have to pick up again in 2017!
I've been looking forward to this Top Ten post!ReplyDelete
My Top Ten Books of 2016
The only one I've read from this list is ACOMAF, which I agree was wonderful!ReplyDelete
The Best Books I Read in 2016
One of these days I simply MUST read one of Sarah J. Maas' books. Perhaps 2017 will by THE year. :)ReplyDelete
Rissi @ Finding Wonderland | Top Ten Tuesday December 27th
Salt to the Sea was great and I cannot wait to read The Hate U Give.ReplyDelete
Can't wait for the next Cormoran Strike book!ReplyDelete
Happy post-holidays, guy!ReplyDelete
I think my fave from this list is Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare - I also just adore how funny and heartwarming she is. Super excited for The Hate U Give!ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I can't wait to read Salt to the Sea!ReplyDelete
You reminded me that I need to read The Martian!ReplyDelete
I haven't heard of The Hate U Give and Summers at Castle Auburn before but your enthusiasm makes me intrigued. I'll have to Goodreads them.
Haha! I like that Jana's pick is simply A Court of Mist and Fury. I loved that book! I need to preorder the third one.
So many great books this year! Here's my list, at Bookshelf Fantasies: https://bookshelffantasies.com/2016/12/26/top-ten-tuesday-my-top-ten-books-of-2016/ReplyDelete
I'm always excited to see all the "best books" posts!ReplyDelete
My TTT: http://wp.me/p2Lvor-1ym
YES to the Heart Goes Last!ReplyDelete
I posted my own (https://utopia-state-of-mind.com/best-books-2016/)where I feature that book too! Along with some other goodies :)
Here are our lesser known hits of 2016: https://celebrityreaders.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/top-ten-best-books-of-2016/ReplyDelete
Great picks! I need to read those books :)ReplyDelete
Here's my TTT
Okay so imma go down the list. I started The Martian but it just went waaaay over my head with the math and my head wasn't in it but it was funny so I'll pick it back up some time. For sure. I HAVE to check out Salt to the Sea. ALL OF THE YES to The Hate U Give because OHGOD such an amazing book!!ReplyDelete
OOh good ones! I STILL need to read A Court of Mist and Fury! Sooo behind!!!ReplyDelete
Here's my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I listened to The Martian last year for book club and we loved it! Ruta Sepetys is an amazing author, but I still need to read Salt to Sea! I also need to get to A Court of Mist and Fury in the new year... but I might to a -re-read of the first book first. And I love Margaret Atwood! Her book Hag-Seed was one of my faves of the year (not quite the top ten, but it's mentioned).ReplyDelete
My Top Ten Tuesday
Salt to the Sea is also on my list! I absolutely loved it! I am studying to become a history teacher, so it absolutely changed my life.ReplyDelete
The only one from this list that I've read was The Martian and I absolutely loved it! I thought the book was a bit better than the movie too. You get a little more of a feel of what's going on in his head.ReplyDelete
I recently added Salt to the Sea to my TBR so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed that title as well as The Hate U Give, which is probably my most anticipated 2017 read at this point.ReplyDelete
I love Say Yes to the Marquess! (And all things Tessa Dare) I always love it when romance novels make it on a year end list! I feel like they get overlooked (butthen, I do usually talk to YA bloggers so that could be part of my problem)ReplyDelete
Great list! The Martian was amazing and I can't wait to read One True Loves!ReplyDelete
Great list! The Martian and Salt to the Sea were both excellent books!ReplyDelete
The Hate You Give completely intrigues me, definitely reading next year. Thanks for this meme, I love adding great reads to my list from everyone.ReplyDelete
Great list! I’m really excited for The Hate U Give. It’s been getting a lot of hype lately. I also need to read Salt to the Sea and The Heart Goes Last. Margaret Atwood is my favorite author, so I don’t know why I haven’t read it yet.ReplyDelete
Aj @ Read All The Things!