Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Future Top Ten Tuesday topics are posted here.
Today's TTT is a little bit different than usual: it's non-book related. I don't think we've had a Top Ten list not related to books, reading or anything literary before?
Jen's Top Ten Blogs/Sites She Reads That Aren't About Books:
- Smart, Pretty and Awkward: Offers three pieces of great advice (how to be smarter, prettier and less awkward) and I love the quotes.
- The Glitter Pox: Fantastic blog to discover new music! I'm also in love with the name of the blog.
- Skinnytaste: Food blog with amazing recipes! I found this blog via Pinterest. Seriously though, do yourself a favor and make a recipe from Skinnytaste. I highly recommend the baked penne.
- 40:20 Vision: A great blog where women in their forties answer questions, give different perspectives and just offer life experiences to women in their twenties.
- The Oatmeal: The grammar comics are my favorite.
- NPR: National Public Radio, I love you. I don't know why but NPR is my favorite news site.
- The Beauty Department: If you're feeling super girly this is a great blog. Lots of hair, makeup and nail tutorials. One day I will master something other than either straightening my hair or throwing it back in a ponytail.
- Budget Bytes: The idea behind this food blog is that you can still eat like a queen while on a downsized budget. Each recipe is broken down into cost per recipe and cost per serving. There are some really great recipes, I've been meaning to try the Spinach Artichoke Pasta.
- Dear blank, please blank: Sample: Dear parents, Wait, so you named me after bread? Seriously? Sincerely, Peeta. Another one (spoiler for Mockingjay so highlight to read!): Dear people who think friend-zoned is bad, Try cousin-zoned. Sincerely, Gale Hawthorne
- Twitter: I love Twitter. Some days I think I'm on it wayy more than I probably should be.